What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round One Charge Sheet.

F**K!
Gallop said: "It did come up at our board meeting but neither the chief executive officer or the board has the power under our judiciary rules to cite a player.
"Our code rules are based on an independent commissioner laying the charge."
Gallop said the board had accepted that the independent nature of the process meant no further action could be taken.
So why all the fuss??

El Duque

Bench
Wayne Bennett said: 'The boys are out there, it's a fierce contest and in the heat of the moment boys will be boys.' They threw a couple of punches, no one got hurt, the crowd loved it and the game went on."

...and that's 'nuff said!
'fan-baller

Isn't it funny how Bennett finallydecides to open his mouth at an after match press conference, but only after one of his pllayers acted like a complete coward in attacking a player trying to walk away and avoid a fight.

Bennett also attacked the golden point rule so one has to wonder why he passed up on the meeting before the season started where his comments would of been heard by the people in charge.

According to another forum, Ross jammed his elbow into Tallis'sneck when he tackled him. There's your cheap shot. Then he pretends to be the innocent party by trying to walk away from it.

How many of you would react differently if someone jammed their elbow into your neck? Maybe I have the same type of temper, because I wouldn't let him get away with it either.

but only after one of his pllayers acted like a complete coward in attacking a player trying to walk away and avoid a fight.

Bullshit ElDuque.
Tallis held onto the collarPenrith players jersey when he was down. The Penrith player did try to walk away, but Tallis refuse to let go of him. The Penrith player turned to confront Tallis. Heput (threw)his left hand on Tallis's shoulder. I don't know whether Tallis thought it was a punch headed his way, but instantly Tallis started swinging at him. Tallis never attacked him while he was walking away. Ross turned andstood toe-to-toe facing Tallis and lifted an arm initially, when Tallis unleashed.
So how was that a cowardly act?
Plus look carefully at what happened when they got up from the tackle. Who was the initiator from that point?
I'm not sticking up for what Gordy did, but have the decency to....
Get your facts right!
'fan-baller

El Duque

Bench
I can't recall anything particulary bad about the tackle.

Even if there was a bit in it how many other players decide to act like an animal by attacking a player waling away?

Tallis is a disgrace and there's no excuse for his actions.

According to another forum, Ross jammed his elbow into Tallis'sneck when he tackled him.

That's correct Evilgrowler. That's what set Tallis off originally.
Check the video out. You can see it clearly.
'fan-baller

El Duque

Bench
BFB, he was walking away whith his hands up in the air trying to avoid biffo when Gordy pulled him back and started swinging.

Did you expect him to just stand there like a manequin once Tallis went stupid?

He never once provoked the attack by the coward and was actually doing the opposite.

BFB, he was walking away whith his hands up in the air trying to avoid biffo when Gordy pulled him back and started swinging.
Gordy never pulled him back. He just refused to let his jersey go. There is a difference. Look at the video.

Did you expect him to just stand there like a manequin once Tallis went stupid?
What??? You make Ross out to be the poor street bum who got mugged by a coward from beghind. Far from it mate. It never happened like that elDuque.Tallis went stupid because he (I'm assuming) mistook Ross's first lunge as a punch. It certainly looks that way from the replays. Look at how quickly Tallis retaliated from the time Ross first placed a hand on Tallis's shoulder after turning to confront him. Instantly!

He never once provoked the attack by the coward and was actually doing the opposite.
I agree to a point. However.... Ross did elbow Tallis initially. Maybe Tallis went overboard but he didn't draw first blood. I can see how it looks bad to the naked eye. But go back to or three frames and see what started it.
'fan-baller

Forget it BFB. People are not going to listen to reason where Tallis is concerned. It seems an elbow in the throat is ok and not considered assault.

Ross feigned innocence by throwing his arms in the air and trying to walk away knowing fully what he had done. Yet it's quite clear he was ready to fight. He knew what was coming. He just wasn't quick enough to react to the barrage of blows that landed on his face.

The cheap shot was the elbow in the throat. Not the first punch.

O

ozbash

el dook has great vision BFB.
why last year he saw little stacey jones attempting to garrotte a tigers player from behind after he had first stabbed him with a machete.

it is a game of physical confrontation, a contact sport.

great to see gordy and ross getting a bit familiar.

Evilgrowler,
Mate I'm just sick and fed up with people jumping on to the "Let'sHateGordy BandWagon" the minute he protects himself for a cheap shot. He's no Godsend, but he's far from the Devil's Advocate that many label him to be.
Tallis NEVER started this mess!
Look at the video replay for the love of God! And tell me I'm dribbling from the other end.
'fan-baller

El Duque

Bench
Mate I'm just sick and fed up with people jumping on to the "Let'sHateGordy BandWagon" the minute he protects himself for a cheap shot. He's no Godsend, but he's far from the Devil's Advocate that many label him to be.

Tallis is the coward who threw the cheap shot. What went on in the tackle (if anything) is irrelevant. There is no excuse for acting like an animal.

Are you trying to say he never threw the first punch?

Look at the video replay for the love of God! And tell me I'm dribbling from the other end.

You're dribbling from the other end.

Tallis is the coward who threw the cheap shot. What went on in the tackle (if anything) is irrelevant. There is no excuse for acting like an animal.

You just don't get it mate. A cheap shot it a hit when someone isn't looking. Ross WAS facing Tallis and lunged at him first before Tallis bashed the shit out of him. And bullshit what happened in the tackle is irrelivant! It's what started the whole mess. So how is that irrelevant?
Oh...I know what you mean. It's like the guy who bashed the shit out ofthe intruder who rapped his wife. It's irrelevant that the intruder rapped and sodomisedhis wife, what matter is the guy got his head kicked in. FFS please!

Are you trying to say he never threw the first punch?

No! I said ne never started the mess. I've made clear in previous posts whatI mean by that commentWhy is that so hard for you to understand? Everybody else herereading this does. Typical of you to respond to selective reading. Whatever suits you mate.

You're dribbling from the other end.

Is that another way of saying you have been defeated in this arguement? That's what I, and most probably many reading this, think.
Don't waste my time if you refuse to read my posts in their entirity. Again, you're engaging in selective reading-replying and only replying to those sectionsthat you think will win you the arguement. Guess what?You're wrong! You haven't one jack here.
You whish to continue?
'fan-baller

<table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> ross said he started it.
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thank god for one sane person here.
But watch ElDuque come flying back in Ross's defence. This should be interesting...
'fan-baller