What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round three :: BULLDOGS v Titans - Telstra, Sunday 2pm

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
GAME > BULLDOGS v Gold Coast Titans
WHEN > Sunday 1 April, 2:00pm
WHERE > OUR GROUND, TELSTRA STADIUM

TICKETS > Through Ticketek via internet or phone 132 849.

TEAMS >
Bulldogs
1. Luke Patten, 2. Hazem El Masri, 3. Daryl Millard, 4. Willie Tonga, 5. Trent Cutler, 6. Daniel Holdsworth, 7. Ben Roberts, 8. Mark O'Meley, 9. Corey Hughes, 10. Willie Mason, 11. Nick Kouparitsas, 12. Andrew Ryan (c), 13. Reni Maitua
Interchange - 14. Dallas McIlwain, 15. Chris Armit, 16. Kane Cleal, 17. Jarrad Hickey

Titans
1. Preston Campbell, 2. Lelea Paea, 3. Mat Rogers, 4. Jake Webster, 5. Matthew Petersen, 6. Matthew Hilder, 7. Scott Prince, 8. Luke Bailey, 9. Clint Amos, 10. Kris Kahler, 11. Anthony Laffranchi, 12. Gavin Cooper, 13. Luke Swain
Interchange - 14. Josh Graham, 15. Michael Henderson, 16. Mark Minichiello, 17. Nathan Friend, 20. Brad Meyers (one to be omitted)

Referee Gavin Badger

Broadcast Live on Fox. Radio details soon.

We're missing SBW, Utai and Sherwin. The latter pair are warming up in Prems.

Prems will face Auckland before the main game.
Flegg play the Bears at Belmore on Saturday.

KEEP UPDATED - visit www.bulldogs.com.au and http://www.titans.com.au for the latest on the match.

And for those like me who are nerdy... here's the banner:

r3-game6.png

hopefully the dogs win this one, i think its a vital game for us, i was really worried after the penrith game, i know its stupid because its only round 2, but i wasnt very impressed with what i saw on friday.

hopefully sherwin and emelio are playing this week,i think its about time they were named
go the dogs!!

Timmah

Staff member
MY line up... living in hope that Utai is cleared to play:

Patten
El Masri
Emelio
Tonga
Utai (sorry Cutler, you were great in Round 1 but you SUCKED last week)
Holdsworth
Sherwin
Shrek
Roberts
Hickey
Mason
Ryan
Maitua

Kouparitsas
McIlwain
Te Maari
Armit

- Millard hasn't inspired me. Tonga WANTS it and Emelio in reserves has showed plenty of promise.
- I'm praying for Utai to be fit.
- Sherwin MUST play halfback. If he plays even half as well as he did in Prems last weekend, we're morals.
- Roberts is more of a dummy half runner IMO and would be better suited than Hughes or Perry. Perry did little last week and hopefully Hughes is still injured.
- Koup must NOT start. He's not experienced enough. Hickey on the other hand has at least half a season under his belt now... let's give him a stab. I have my doubts about even naming Koup tbh.
- Te Maari deserves a stab... anything to get rid of Cleal.
- Brideson or Jon Green maybe in place of Koup.. I dunno.

Big shake ups are needed. Only #'s 1, 2, 4, and 12 looked even remotely interested on Friday.

Let's get these new boys and show em how it's done! :fist:

i would have to agree with that line-up, well said tim
im not sure about Tee Maari though, i wouldnt mind giving morrin or john green a go.

Timmah

Staff member
Morrin? He's back!

Give him Koup's spot in my lineup then.

The guy just hasn't impressed me :(

Timmah

Staff member
BL says him and Utai R3.

Why can't they have one report somewhere? f**k!

Timmah said:
BL says him and Utai R3.

Why can't they have one report somewhere? f**k!

i think if they are fit for round 3, i hope folkes dosent put them in PL for a week, like he did with shifty
hopefully they are both back, i hear utai will be back, this week, if he passes a fitness test

Timmah

Staff member
Matty Utaiiiii!!!!!

U TAI AND STOP HIM! :crazy:

F**k I love my league this year :D

mattyg

Bench
Timmah said:
Matty Utaiiiii!!!!!

U TAI AND STOP HIM! :crazy:

F**k I love my league this year :D

I agree!! even though we are losing im still pumped up for next week.

intheknow

Juniors
Timmah said:
Morrin? He's back!

Give him Koup's spot in my lineup then.

The guy just hasn't impressed me :(

didn't impress?? you must have had your eyes shut when he threw that offload.... what did you want him to do, come on score a hat-trick and set up a couple to win the game! he was an impact when he came on and was probably one of the better forwards for the dogs.

one thing that caught my attention this week, was the article that said folkes will give roberts another go, I still think we will need shifty this week in the side, roberts should also be in FG this week, but not at halfback, like i said its a must win game for us this week, the stronger and experienced the line-up is the better for us.
Titans looked good today against the sharks, they wont be easy

ByRd

First Grade
mind games boys, shifty may well play but might be chosen on the bench or included as a late replacement, well see tomorrow anyways when team is announced.

Timmah

Staff member
He better f**kin play.

I've never had too much of an issue with Folkes over 10 seasons but not including Shifty would be suicide.

mattyg

Bench
Answer to this problem?:

Roberts > Centre
Shifty > Halfback
Millard > PL

As far as im concerned Cleal can join Millard but it won't happen.

Timmah

Staff member
Cleal better get dumped. He was woeful and softer than butter on Friday.

Millard's fine, Roberts needs to hit hooker or the showers, not centre. We have Emelio and Phelps ready to pounce where jersey 3 is concerned.

Shifty MUST play, that's the bottom line.

el magic

Juniors
This will be tough for both teams, After Titans second half performance last night, we cannot go out there and let our lead fade in the second fourty. We need to fight all the way.

BULLDOGS!