What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roy and HG: Bludging on the Blindside

GongPanther

Referee
I dont suppose you have the Lithgow Olympics one recorded?
Are you referring to the Ch 7 shows at night during the Sydney Olympics, or were they still on the radio on the weekends? I'll have to have a look although I'm not privy to sharing like I mentioned before...Copywrite stuff and all that.

A favourite of mine revolves around when you know you've had enough painkillers. I think it goes as follows:

"You know you've had enough when you can drive a bus up your own date and don't even know until the passengers get off"

I had to pull over and took a good 10 minutes before I could drive again. Best laugh I've had in an age.

I had a cassette tape recording of an Origin they called in the early 90’s, It was at a time when England were in Australia training for a test series after the Origins were over..

Anyway they were making a huge deal about how the Poms hate Sirro, and how scared of him they were, and would be filled with fear in their hotels watching Sirro in blue on the burst... As with anything they do, it escalated as the call went on..

Every time Sirro had the ball, one of them would say “the poms are quaking in their boots”... then “they are soiling the carpets in their rooms”... then “Oozing torrents of brown”

“the poms can’t hide much longer, torrents of BROOOWWWWNN flowing down the hotel steps, out into the street, people are walking past saying “So that where the poms are staying tonight”.

Another hit up - More BROOOWWWNNN...

Another hit up - People are driving the streets of Sydney, smelling BROOWWN... and saying “the poms must be nearby...””

And on and on...

I played it so many times the tape went thin and eventually snapped, lost forever.

soc123_au

Staff member
Are you referring to the Ch 7 shows at night during the Sydney Olympics, or were they still on the radio on the weekends? I'll have to have a look although I'm not privy to sharing like I mentioned before...Copywrite stuff and all that.
No, it's an episode of this sporting life on JJJ not long after Sydney won the bid for the Olympics.

GongPanther

Referee
No, it's an episode of this sporting life on JJJ not long after Sydney won the bid for the Olympics.
24th September 1993 was the date of the announcement. Was at Circular Quay with two friends when it was announced. We all jumped up because everyone else was going ballistic.

I'll have a look for it over the next week as my arthritis is playing up a bit.

Yep. AKA Australia’s Most Wanted.

Vlandys - feathers everywhere...

“... another feather in his cap, and another feather in his trousers! So many feathers in the trousers! Corr blimey, poor bloke can’t through the door because of all the feathers in his trousers!!” :joy:

I never actually heard V’Landys call it “Rugbah League” but I really wish I did now. :sweat_smile:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I only recently fell in love with the boys when they joined Macquarie Sports Radio and their weekly show ‘Just Short of a Length’.

The main brief of the show was a preview and then weekly update on the 2019 World Cup typically done as a complete pisstake. Had me in tears every week.

After the cricket had finished they kept going and it was just a weekly sports show unfortunately MSR finished up not too long after that, glad to have them back.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Finally watched the Australian Story episode, some great stuff on how they ended up meeting. I still remember when they interviewed Nana Mouskouri for the Athens Olympics and how when she was doing renovations to put a pool into her home they kept on finding old artifacts buried in the back yard[ or something similar]. Had forgotten about the Andrew Denton show Blah Blah Blah which really launched Roy and HG. Also loved the snippet from Club Buggery with Mike Meyers.

roofromoz

First Grade
Would love to see some of the old Club Buggery / The Channel Nine Show episodes again. If you were stuck at home on a Saturday night in the late 90s, it made it better...

EDIT: Just found some full eps on Youtube. Go you good thing, go.

Last edited:

Latest posts