What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roy Masters is a douche bag

hitman82

Bench
Funny how Roy's the only one pointing out the "13m" the Warriors were allowed as opposed to the "10m" the Storm got to work in... seems like this was the entire reason for our victory.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's hard to know when the Warriors abandoned the laissez-faire style but Bellamy says: ''Polynesian football, or whatever people like to call it, certainly died on Saturday night.''

Send my regards to 2005 Roy, where you've sent that column in from. We haven't played 'Polynesian football' at any stage under Cleary.

Nice sour grapes too, 'winning' the penalty count (I don't believe having better discipline is akin to striking lotto numbers) and this mythical 3 metre difference.

Jason Maher

Immortal
What a terrible piece of journalism. I can't for the life of me trace any kind of logical argument through the article, nor decipher what the author's point is, aside from perhaps "I love Melbourne. Melbourne lost. Waaaaaah. Oh, and here's a couple of begrudging token compliments for the Warriors." For once, a whinging Manly fan is on the money. ;-)

Slackboy72

Coach
He's made his bed in Melbourne and now he has to justify it no matter how bad the buyers remorse.

EDIT: Wow. 3 awful proverbs mashed into one incoherent mess. I should write for the newspapers.

seaeagle sam

What a terrible piece of journalism. I can't for the life of me trace any kind of logical argument through the article, nor decipher what the author's point is, aside from perhaps "I love Melbourne. Melbourne lost. Waaaaaah. Oh, and here's a couple of begrudging token compliments for the Warriors." For once, a whinging Manly fan is on the money. ;-)

Whinging Manly fan? Never heard such a thing before. ;-) Thanks Jason

adamkungl

Immortal
He's usually on the mark but every now and then Roy manages to come up with a pile of absolute dribble...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Roy is just a bitter senile old fool, first time Melbourne lost a penalty count all year. Boo hoo!!! And he must have watched a different game to me, Melbourne back 13m???? Reminds me of the whine he had in 07 when Parra were playing the cheats in the GF Qualifier, came out and said Parra had been favoured by the refs all year and had been getting cheap penalties in the ruck.

Slackboy72

Coach
He's usually on the mark but every now and then Roy manages to come up with a pile of absolute dribble...

He distinctly went downhill when he became the founding member of the melbourne cheats apologist club.
He had the first article decrying the unfairness of the salary cap on melbourne and noone else.
He had the first article stating that the storm's transgressions were immaterial.
He had the first article calling it an anti-melbourne conspiracy.

Those box seats he gets at storm games don't come cheap.
He only had to pay with his dignity.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He's always been a fool and a Melbourne storm stooge since the days of Chris Johns, Chris Anderson and Ribot. He's so far out of touch with what is going on in rugby league that it's embarrassing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
His alliance with Melbourne is fuelled by guilt over the start of the Fibro War in 1978. Since that day he's felt he needs to repay Melbourne and Rugby League in Melbourne for what transpired on that fateful day in the pre-season trial between Manly and Wests.

I understand and accept his motives, I can live with that and I'm glad he wants to repay Melbourne, at least someone in the media is trying to do something positive for the game here.

While he may be stretching things a bit with the Storm 13m rule thing, the rest of the piece isn't as controversial or bad as a lot of you are making it out to be.

Last edited:

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
It's hard to know when the Warriors abandoned the laissez-faire style but Bellamy says: ''Polynesian football, or whatever people like to call it, certainly died on Saturday night.''
Send my regards to 2005 Roy, where you've sent that column in from. We haven't played 'Polynesian football' at any stage under Cleary.

Nice sour grapes too, 'winning' the penalty count (I don't believe having better discipline is akin to striking lotto numbers) and this mythical 3 metre difference.

Doh, that's exactly what he's saying in the article. ffs before everyone automatically jumps on the Storm-hate bandwagon they should read what the guy is saying! As for the penalty count...he is talking about the discipline the Warriors showed. It was a great display of that & an area they excelled at in that game - let's hope they hold onto it for the final.
As for the 13/10 metres quoted, perhaps he actually looked at the game & if you re-watched it you might find he has something there, but regardless, the warriors had an awesome game for the whole 80 mins & came out winners, Re the polynessian style of playing - you know as well as I do what he is talking about. Generally, our Pacific cousins' sheer love of playing physical games means at time the heart wins over the head & it has been their 'style' for, well, forever. Nothing at all to be insulted about. Cleary's influence has reined that in somewhat at the Warriors and we are now seeing the results.

Butters

Bench
Roy is just a bitter senile old fool, first time Melbourne lost a penalty count all year. Boo hoo!!! And he must have watched a different game to me, Melbourne back 13m???? Reminds me of the whine he had in 07 when Parra were playing the cheats in the GF Qualifier, came out and said Parra had been favoured by the refs all year and had been getting cheap penalties in the ruck.

Umm no.