What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Ascot

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Time to dust off the Waistcoats and Top Hats its that time of year again.

Always makes it more interesting when there are some Aussies heading over however I'm also very excited to see how Able Friend measures up.

Probably a bit of a surprise but I think Shamal Wind is actually the best chance of the Aussies to win a race, Kings Stand should suit her to a tee if she gets enough luck I think she can blow those pommy plodders away.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Don't know why but im getting the same feeling as you in that Shamal Wind will run a cheeky race

Solow and Able friend is the race of the year in the Queen Anne on the 16th,i'll put 10 or 20 on the Fastnet horse Cougar Mountain in that race just in case he does a "Qualify",would hate to miss out on a big odds winner for a horse i've been following for ages.

Criterion runs in the Prince of Wales Stakes on the 19th,old mate probably needs a wet track to perform at his best but still wouldn't rule out a good run on the dry,top 5 finish for him would be good effort against this world class field.

Commonwealth Cup on the 19th,i'll back both Starspangledbanner horses if they end up running,Anthem Alexander and Home of the Brave,back to 6 furlongs should suit Home of the Brave who ran a gutsy 6th in the guineas over a mile.

Two Fastnet horses are in the Tercentenary Stakes betting market on the 18th,Cape Clear Island and Disegno,both listed at 10/1(Disegno ran less than lengths from Derby winner Golden Horn 2 runs back),worth a small mug bet on these if they run.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Game on and Able Friend v Solow first up :cool:

I think Able Friend is the better horse but am obviously concerned how he has handled the travel plus the fact that it is a very 'hard' mile and most horses that do well over it are traditionally more 2000 metre types, which he hasn't proven himself over yet.

Good luck with the 10er on Cougar Mointain HT but I think it has none

WaznTheGreat

Referee

I think Able Friend is the better horse but am obviously concerned how he has handled the travel plus the fact that it is a very 'hard' mile and most horses that do well over it are traditionally more 2000 metre types, which he hasn't proven himself over yet.

Yeah realistically it has no chance,10er just in case,he's a decent horse.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

Good points,would love for Able Friend to win but it won't be easy for the reasons you mentioned,old mate Night of Thunder could be the forgotten horse in the race,he's quality at least he was providing Godolphin don't give him AIDS like they do most horses these days.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Godophin might not have given him full blown AIDS as yet but definate early signs of HIV setting in. I agree though he is a definite chance to win, Dubawi+Plodilleo in the UK/Ireland is the equivalent of Redoutes+More than Ready in Australia

I like Eltezam EW in the Coventry Stakes, tough race 18 babies going hammer and tongs up the straight 6 but he is a nice colt.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Godophin might not have given him full blown AIDS as yet but definate early signs of HIV setting in. I agree though he is a definite chance to win, Dubawi+Plodilleo in the UK/Ireland is the equivalent of Redoutes+More than Ready in Australia

I like Eltezam EW in the Coventry Stakes, tough race 18 babies going hammer and tongs up the straight 6 but he is a nice colt.

Good each odds too,that American horse Finnegan is a flying machine,should help set up something from the back to come home if there good enough

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Good each odds too,that American horse Finnegan is a flying machine,should help set up something from the back to come home if there good enough

I don't know much about it to be honest but there is no way I could back a 2yo colt that has had to travel half way around the world for a race.

It's hard enough traveling 7yo geldings.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Holy shit for 1 splitting second i thought Cougar was a chance of winning,good to see this horse horse finally show what he is capable of,Aidan O Brien has been talking him up even before he even before he made his debut,Cougar is another potential Euro group 1 winner for the Rock alongside Fascinating Rock and Dimaondsandrubies

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Actually come to think of it Cougar halved his price from earlier today,was 40-1 at places and than was 20-1 into 16-1

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Yer they mentioned there was 40s around for him earlier in the day.

He'd be a nice horse to bring out to Australia, he could pick up a few grp1s here around the 1400-1600 range and being by FR probably have a lot of studs after him too.

Last race for me tonight and then this wigga is off to bed

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Yer they mentioned there was 40s around for him earlier in the day.

He'd be a nice horse to bring out to Australia, he could pick up a few grp1s here around the 1400-1600 range and being by FR probably have a lot of studs after him too.

Last race for me tonight and then this wigga is off to bed

Aidan O Brien may bring something like Highland Reel down here for the Cox Plate,possible he could bring Cougar Mountain down as a travel buddy for something like the Toorak/Emirates Stakes

Imma stay up to watch Shamal Wind and than its bed time too

WaznTheGreat

Referee
That was Cougar's 7th start today and 5 of those have been in group 1's o_O,they pretty this homie right in at the deep end,should be plenty more improvement up his sleeve for the future hopefully.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Exceed and Excel... Can get a 2yo that bloke

Eltezam battled well, looked like he was going to drop out at one stage.