What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Ascot

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Not a chance in hell i bet on this race,watch how Shamal Wind goes for Straya and than its good night,i honestly dislike all these horses in this race on a personal level.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Glad I didn't stay up to watch her... She never travelled in the run, he was niggling at her from the get-go.

What a run from Medicean Man he must be nearly as old as Mustard has been around forever.

Sphagnum

Coach
Race 1 ivawood looks hard to beat. Was terrific last prep and might be ready to fire in this grade.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Criterion's race is a good betting race,very open,The Corsican and Western Hymn i like to run cheeky races at odds,there both in good form stepping up in grade,good luck to old mate Criterion as well.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
3rd and 4th Western Hymn and The Corsican ,good cheeky runs by both at odds especially Western who was 800 wide the whole trip.

Old mate Criterion battled away in 5th(why do they keep riding him near the front now?)

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Criterion ran well, that was a pretty high class field and he didn't disgrace himself at all.

He almost hit the front at one stage in the straight and I'm sure connections had butterflies for a second but then he couldn't maintain his sprint.

He bolted in the Queen Elizabeth when ridden near the front so you can't blame them for continuing with that racing pattern for him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That QE race was the biggest Wazn joke race of the season though! Group 1 my foot. You are never winning a race at ascot going to the lead it is a poor tactic

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Don't know why but im getting the same feeling as you in that Shamal Wind will run a cheeky race

Solow and Able friend is the race of the year in the Queen Anne on the 16th,i'll put 10 or 20 on the Fastnet horse Cougar Mountain in that race just in case he does a "Qualify",would hate to miss out on a big odds winner for a horse i've been following for ages.

Criterion runs in the Prince of Wales Stakes on the 19th,old mate probably needs a wet track to perform at his best but still wouldn't rule out a good run on the dry,top 5 finish for him would be good effort against this world class field.

Commonwealth Cup on the 19th,i'll back both Starspangledbanner horses if they end up running,Anthem Alexander and Home of the Brave,back to 6 furlongs should suit Home of the Brave who ran a gutsy 6th in the guineas over a mile.

Two Fastnet horses are in the Tercentenary Stakes betting market on the 18th,Cape Clear Island and Disegno,both listed at 10/1(Disegno ran less than lengths from Derby winner Golden Horn 2 runs back),worth a small mug bet on these if they run.

Both the Starspangledbanner horses gave a good sight at odds,Anthem Alexander ran 3rd and payed over $3 the place and Home of the Brave ran 6th at about 20/1

They ran well in a hot field.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Yer I saw this one but didn't end up having a bet because as you mentioned it was a very hot race.

Anthem Alexander looks to be very good little filly.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Would love to see Brazen Beau spank them tonight,imma have a mug bet on the American horse Undrafted,ran well last year in Europe in the July Cup for 4th(old mate Cougar Mountain just behind him)

July Cup

https://youtu.be/Mr_BDHp906s

TBH though who the hell knows how a straight race will play out tonight,sometimes there's a fast lane in these straight races,it's a lottery sometimes.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I'll be cheering Brazen Beau he's always been one of mine but I can't possibly back him at the odds, there's just too many risks.

I'm all over Pearl Secret EW it got home like a steamtrain in the King Stand, if it backs up well I think it will be in the finish.. Always been a classy animal but is prone to putting in a shocker every so often, the18s on offer is more than juicy enough to hope he has a good day though.

I wouldn't completely rule out Wandjina either just quietly.