What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royce Simmons

Meth

Staff member
Put this on the Tigers forum, but thought I would ask here as well.

I saw a tweet from Mark Geyer a few moments ago in which he seemed to be pretty vitriolic towards Royce Simmons. I've picked up a bit of anti-Royce sentiment around the traps, but I'm not sure of the background?

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

CoachMan

Juniors
The Royce Simmons twitter is pretty much a laugh (@RoyceSimmons for those playing at home), I'd say its all pretty harmless. Royce has constant Sudoku, Shandy, and Witches Hat jokes.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some Royce tweets:

Told Tim my idea to have all Tigers players wearing the same number this week. He was impressed.

I got the idea playing sudoku, I found it easier if I used the same number in every box.

Finished my Sudoku in record time, 6 days, 13 hours, 54 minutes and 10 seconds. Woo I'm a damn genius!!

Working on running angles today. Fults said he wants to run on an obtuse angle. I don't think he knows that obtuse means really overweight

Tim wants me as his assistant coach for the Kangaroo's before I head off to England. So exciting. Going to buy new witches hats to celebrate

Folkesy is still a bit green isn't he. I told him that defence is only neccessary if you are in front

Early training session went well. Had Senter down to help prepare the guys for the photo shoot. Leeds has run out of elastoplast

Chunky Kit Kat is the most important meal of the day

Hey tim, intesresting stat for the Dragons game. Every time the Dragons lost to us, we won the game. Got more coming. Gotta finish sudoku

Oh boy, do I feel rough. I can't keep with these young kids and their crazy parties. Was at Fitzy's til well past 9.30 last night. Crazy!

We were disappointing tonight, but the Roosters were too good....hang on, I forgot who I coach. Damn these full strength Shandy's!

hahahaha and there's tonnes more!

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, it's obviously a fraudulent account. But it seemed that MG was using it to point out a real dislike for the Royce Simmons? I could be reading it wrong. Was interested in any insight others had

Patorick

Staff member
I still can't believe St Helens appointed Royce.

Sure he's a good bloke and all, but he has a 41% win percentage coaching record. That's Paul Langmack/Steve Martin level bad.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess they plan on having a team that can coach themselves, leaving him with little to do, or get wrong.

And was probably cheap as hell.