What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTS A Warrior from 2016

Big Marn

Bench
why couldn't we have both. I would have put Tompkins at standoff in a heartbeat.

And gives RTS 20 games to injure himself. Wish clubs would do deals at the end of the season. Its like paying for a racehorse that's going to have another 10 starts for its owners before you get it. Who does that? Nobody. NRL recruitment is just stupidly wrong.
Anyway all the best for all involved.

Juju

Juniors
Gutted. Not so much in the signing of RTS which is a coup but Tomkins departing just sucks.
Seems soft not evening seeing out a contract.

spear tackle

Juniors
Sadly its not recruiting a player to enhance our squad, its bringing in a great player to replace another great player. It would have been nice to see them both on the paddock at the same time in the same team.

vvvrulz

Coach
Sadly its not recruiting a player to enhance our squad, its bringing in a great player to replace another great player. It would have been nice to see them both on the paddock at the same time in the same team.

Tomkins is not a great player, at least on NRL terms.

Was he on the way there? Absolutely. But he was a long term investment in which we gave him plenty of time to get up to top gear. Him leaving means that we never really got the best of him, and that's a massive disappointment.

Having both of them would have indeed been great.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Cool that we are gonna get a star who will hopefully play the best few years of his career at the club. Sucks that we will be losing a guy who I still think is probably the most crucial player to success currently at the club. Even worse using that annoying 'homesickness' excuse you see trotted out by pro sportsmen way too often. Getting paid big bucks, forced your way down to the NRL and then quitting on it early. Disappointed.

spear tackle

Juniors
Tomkins is not a great player, at least on NRL terms.

Was he on the way there? Absolutely. But he was a long term investment in which we gave him plenty of time to get up to top gear. Him leaving means that we never really got the best of him, and that's a massive disappointment.

Having both of them would have indeed been great.

I don't know , the tide changed pretty quick when he went off injured and we don't seem to be tracking too well without him.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Tomkins partner wanting to leave would be why we cant have both,,,

Understandable on one hand, but it's only one more year out of a whole lifetime. Hope Tomkins doesn't end up regretting it. Unless he comes back to the NRL, goes to union and is a success, or the English national RL side actually finally wins something, it'll be a career that won't fully reflect his talent. Or maybe we'll win the comp this year:sarcasm:.

Diesel

Referee
It sucks that a woman can take away the best chance of us being a genuine threat but that's the breaks, she's humsn and misses her life in England, can't take that away from her, but it sucks!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Agreed Diesel, well said.

But I must say, I'm happy we have bought in a capable replacement before letting Tomkins go.

JJ

Immortal
RTS can become a great - but as a Kiwi fan I am concerned, much better playing wise for him to learn at the Roosters imo, much better for his bank balance here - we're a rabble tbh, and while Tomkins is in no way a "great" NRL player, he does give the attack structure - while we have Johnson at 7 and Chad at 6 I really don't want RTS lumbered with that responsibility - as I have said elsewhere, well past time for Johnson to live up to the hype

vvvrulz

Coach
I don't know , the tide changed pretty quick when he went off injured and we don't seem to be tracking too well without him.

Yep I totally agree with that, Tomkins was looking especially good this season and it looked like the hard work from last year was about to deliver it's payoff.

These next couple of seasons promised to show off all of his potential, we may still get some this year but with his foot half out the door we probably will never see his absolute best.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm happy about signing RTS, I'm concerned about releasing Tomkins.

Anyone who thinks the Roosters are going to sit on their hands and do nothing for the next three months is kidding themselves.

The media will be lapping it up at every opportunity as well, especially if we don't improve our performances quick.

spear tackle

Juniors
Yep I totally agree with that, Tomkins was looking especially good this season and it looked like the hard work from last year was about to deliver it's payoff.

These next couple of seasons promised to show off all of his potential, we may still get some this year but with his foot half out the door we probably will never see his absolute best.

Here's hoping that he has the mind set that if he plays well it will help him land a better pay packet back in the SL

jaseg

Juniors
Now Moley reporting Omar Slaimankhel about to come back to the NRL - at the Roosters.