What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rts

STG 002

First Grade
Must be cracking down on the salary cap after all these years. I hear Jarryd Hayne will be there.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
nick doesn't miss his man plenty of time to overturn it

HEe won't.,,,plus it would probably cause a farce (facre) if he did and Roger stayed for more cash. What would the other players who stayed for unders think? Plus the untold pressure (a mammoth counter offer) it would put on the cap and to retaining players like Cordner at the end of 16 and Pearce at the end of 17.

Anyway we have enough other good and up and coming talent to play FB in the next few years. Wouldnt be surprised if Fergo is given a crack at it while Latrell Mitchell adjusts to first grade. Hastings was a pretty handy fullback when he played in the U20s at the Drags too..

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Gutting news but what can you do. To be fair we've done it plenty of times in the past so can't complain when it happens to us. Massive coin so don't blame RTS at all. He wants to go home is gonna get paid doing it. Good luck to him. As Robbo said today "We're the Roosters' we'll be fine"

It is disappointing that Roger is leaving but it is his life. He probably feels it sets him up with a good nest egg for the future. I can't begrudge anyone that. Only thing is for the reported amount he has signed for Roger is going to find big expectations heaped on his shoulders by plenty of Warriors fans. Oh well, that is his problem to deal with when it arises.

The only issue with Latrell Mitchell is his age. With the NRL not allowing anyone to play first grade until they turn 18, this means Latrell can't make his first grade debut until on or after 16 June at the earliest. As such it could mean a very rushed time period to try and get him ready for a full time first grade gig for 2016.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
When is the actual deadline we have to best the Warriors offer?

Even at 800k plus he's worth every cent! C'mon Nick we cant let him go...:(

shiznit

Coach
I think the problem for you blokes is his Mrs and most his friends are in NZ.

Check his Twitter out... It's full of him tweeting his boys in Auckland.

Another thing too is that the Warriors are still looking at recruitment... So they could potentially offer RTS even more if the Roosters were to lift the offer.

And lastly... And most interestingly IMO... They play the Warriors in Auckland a couple of days after the deadline... It might be tougher to do a backflip knowing he's gotta go to Auckland and see everyone face to face a couple of days later.

Headless Chook

Juniors
As much as I'd love to see RTS stay at Easts I can't see him playing for us next year. Family and friends in NZ will outweigh any unlikely counter offer made by The Chooks at the eleventh hour.

Can't win them all. Good luck to him.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
As much as I'd love to see RTS stay at Easts I can't see him playing for us next year. Family and friends in NZ will outweigh any unlikely counter offer made by The Chooks at the eleventh hour.

Can't win them all. Good luck to him.

This!!

It's gutting the kid is going but good on him. I'll be watching the Warriors plenty next year to see how he continues to develop into a genuine superstar.

Bigcoq

Juniors
This!!

It's gutting the kid is going but good on him. I'll be watching the Warriors plenty next year to see how he continues to develop into a genuine superstar.
Carn Jacky boy Sheck knew Latrell was the next #1..

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Maybe BC but you can't deny RTS is gonna be a freak should he continue to develop like Robbo has him. Hopefully cappy at the Warriors doesn't put thehandbrakes on him. Johnson has hardly gone to another level at the Warriors under him.

RTS @ 6 and Latrell @ 1 sounds perfect to me.

Latest posts