What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

taste2taste

Juniors
It's been a while since Rugby had the money to compete with the NRL for top players. Interesting to see which 'top talent' the ARU is chasing.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rugby Australia opening the wallet after overconfidently announcing a plan to poach NRL players

no-money-wallet.gif

Billythekid

First Grade
What’s even the point of this? The top talent in RL will be extremely expensive to poach with no guarantee they will be as good in union. It’s a super risky move financially for a code already in dire straits.

That plus it likely pisses off their base as they throw money at league players instead of their own talent. Why play union professionally if the big bucks are being thrown at league players?

taste2taste

Juniors
Have they brought out the "third biggest sporting event on the planet" tripe yet?
I reckon people in Australia, and the world, are more interested in the Womens Soccer World Cup than this shyte.
Ha yes, the SMH has been calling it the 3rd biggest event on the planet.

Now, I'm no expert but off the top of my head the following events would all generate more money and more viewer's worldwide...Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, Football World Cup, Football Euros, Cricket World Cup, Cricket 20/20 World Cup, Fiba Basketball World cup ( if only for the Interest from the American and Chinese market )

Ha yes, the SMH has been calling it the 3rd biggest event on the planet.

Now, I'm no expert but off the top of my head the following events would all generate more money and more viewer's worldwide...Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, Football World Cup, Football Euros, Cricket World Cup, Cricket 20/20 World Cup, Fiba Basketball World cup ( if only for the Interest from the American and Chinese market )
of course they would! SMH/Ch 9- Stan Rugby.
It may have been 20-25 years ago.
They have fallen so far behind everyone else now that only their leather-patched-ancient-egos can give themselves a hard-on by telling themselves that they actually mean something.