What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Games and Football Manager 2005

I was wondering from people who have played the two games what Pro Rugby Manager and World Championship Rugby (I think that's the name) are like?????

Also if anyone knew what Football Manager 2005 was like??

Phillips

Referee
ive got the Football Manager 2005 demo

and its great, i hope to get the full version real soon

-JJ-

Juniors
Pro Rugby Manager 2004
I love rugby. I love rugby games. I thought I would love Pro Rugby Manager. I was wrong. I think it is just because I don't like management games though. Online was a big drawcard for me, but it's not that often that other people are online aswell.

World Championship Rugby
Awesome for multiplayer with friends around. Single player is a bit dull really. These days you expect something from sports games that keep you coming back for more, but with WCR, no injuries, no career, seasons just feel like a string of individual games. Graphics are quite nice, and once you rename the teams to have the proper names it is a decent game. It is a Jonah Lomu Rugby 2 with nice graphics, and basic fun gameplay, but 8 years later you would expect a bit more.
Gameplay 8/10
Graphics 8/10
Multiplayer fun 10/10
Single player replayability 4/10

Cometshark

Juniors
pro rugby manager avoid it like the plague cost $70 played it for two hours and threw it in my microwave (not really but probably should have), BTW I love champ manager/football manager.

-JJ-

Juniors
Dapimp
1. Pro Rugby Manager 2004 - PC Only. World Championship Rugby - PC, PS2, XBox.
2. Not sure, where are you? You could probably get them online.
3. Of course they cost mate. Not sure of the exact cost though. Search the internet. If you want to buy Pro Rugby Manager go to my site in my signature, and use the link on the right.

Ive got Total Club Manager 2005 (Soccer) and it's a pretty good game. The fact that it's soccer bores the crap outta me, but the actual manager part is pretty good. Nothing's more boring then watching all your club's 90-minute game only to see a 0-0 scoreline. WHERE'S A GOOD RUGBY LEAGUE MANAGER WHEN YOU NEED IT?! :?

ManlySeaEagle

Juniors
Hi there, i am playing Football Manager 2005 as Wolves in the 1st season (finished 2nd) and got promoted to the Premier League. Now im 1/3 thru the second season and getting belted in 16th place. This is a great game, addictive and fun. There are mind games between the other managers that have their effects.

I bought Total Club Manager 2005, as per usual EA dorks have stuffed it up again. It is garbage in my books, give me FM2005 or the eagerly awaited Championship Manager 2005 (due early 2005).

Pro Rugby Manager is another game i purchased, it is okay and has a little details. But it gets boring after a while.

I hope that any Rugby League Manager game adopts the Champ Manager format and not the EA style.