What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 2 is a let down

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yea whats not to love about the quality forward passes that would occour :p

Nah but honestly it was good, not great..but with a bit of tweeking it would be very cool..just add in some better offloads and remove that random forward pass thing and its good as gold.

I also would like to see more gang tackles and a little less holding the player up.

MadDogMason

Juniors
R u kidding..? Im not a union fan but RUGBY 2001 was kick ass...And as for Rugby League 2, mate Im dissapointed that u think it's gonna be a let down :shock: Your so wrong about that I mean think about it..RL2 will be a great hit and here is the awnser to that IT"S A SEQUAL. Meaning it's a huge upgrade from the previous hit game. Look at Metal Gear Solid than MGS2 and Finally MGS3..Which is the best? And another thing, the only problem with RL1 were the glitches and some aspects of the gameplay other than that it was perfect and to the thousands of RL fans out there it was for them too. When RL2 is released the only thing people will want is no glitches and the gameplay fixed up abit e.g player positions,stand still's etc..Anything else is a bonus so be excited and keep yours hopes DOWN cause you will be impressed by release date 8)

Mario

Juniors
GRK_MAFIA said:
im sorry if im dissapointing anyone but from wat ive seen sidhe have not gone to extremes to really pik this game up and tottaly pimp it out, the screenies look very much like rl1 :( im not happy jan, i think u guys really need to scrap everything from rl1 and start new for rl2 from wat it looks like uve jus carried over rl1 physics and added some extra gameplay im sorry to say but i really think someone like an EA needs to work on a nrl game

I'm sorry to see that you feel this way about Rugby League 2.

You can however be assured that the team at Sidhe is trying our best to produce the best game we possibly can. We have received thousands of emails of feedback on the first game, outlining both positive and negative points. Where we can we are addressing the shortcomings of the first game, and adding more of what people found fun.

Ultimately, it comes down to your personal preferences on whether or not you feel we have made enough improvements to justify purchasing the sequel. If you have some reservations about it, then I would suggest renting the game first, or waiting to see reviews of the game once it has been released.

In the mean time, continue providing your feedback - we welcome all comments.

Regards

Mario

Matt M

Juniors
Razor said:
Have you actually played an EA game that wasn't produced in the Candian or US studios? They suck.

And EA can produce a game if they want. Not sure if they do or not, but even if Sidhe have the exclusive license to the NRL teams and players, other companies can still create a game, as long as the don't use the registered names (Brisbane Horses, Newcastle Armour, etc. and with players Darren Locker, Andrew Jones, etc.)

I don't think Sidhe have exclusive rights, so that means anyone else can buy the rights and make an NRL game as well. I know EA spend heaps of getting exclusive rights for games so nobody else can have them. Maybe Mario or someone else knows though.

bulldog

Bench
Matt M said:
Razor said:
Have you actually played an EA game that wasn't produced in the Candian or US studios? They suck.

And EA can produce a game if they want. Not sure if they do or not, but even if Sidhe have the exclusive license to the NRL teams and players, other companies can still create a game, as long as the don't use the registered names (Brisbane Horses, Newcastle Armour, etc. and with players Darren Locker, Andrew Jones, etc.)

I don't think Sidhe have exclusive rights, so that means anyone else can buy the rights and make an NRL game as well. I know EA spend heaps of getting exclusive rights for games so nobody else can have them. Maybe Mario or someone else knows though.

I asked this before and Mario responded that they do have an exclusive licence with the NRL, don't know how long it's for, anybody can make a League game but like Matt M said they would have to change the a lot of things to avoid infringing on coyrights.

strewth_mate

Bench
Im not a union fan but RUGBY 2001 was kick ass

Exactly same here; for mine it was a game you could just play open-ended and have fun. One thing I would *love* to see in RL2 is an option to use the goal kicking system from Rugby 2001. Directing the arrow and adjusting curve and wind is a ball.

I love also the replay system from rugby 2001; any angle, any zoom, any speed. That would be an awesome inclusion, but I'm not sure the RL engine could handle something that smooth frankly. That said, I loved RL1 to bits and am looking forward to RL2 most definitely :D

Latest posts