What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

Parra

Referee
Using wii controllers.

The auto defenders seem to be able to move much faster than the attackers. All the passes are loopy & slow, there appears to be no offside rule a lot of the time. Tried it at schoolboy level of difficulty & one much higher - didn't seem to make much difference.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
i love rugby league 3, but there's not alot of depth and it's a bitch to play with the wii remote and nunchuck, you try and do a fend and you end up sidestepping the defence and just knock players on their asses, even if i just run out of dummy half every tackle, the game is just too easy, i play it on the hardest setting and boosted up every opposition player in the game but i still normally win by 40+ everytime. It's also very unrealistic, how the hell do the bunnies finish second every year in francise mode?

perverse

Referee
yeah, i should have mentioned that you need a gamecube controller to enjoy it. the wiimote is rubbish to play with. i sorta just take that for granted.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
it's pretty crap that you cant use a wii controller, any idea if you can you play it with a nintendo 64 controller, or does it have to be game cube?

perverse

Referee
i'm not aware of any method to interface an n64 controller to a wii. i'm sure someone has modded a console or a controller (or both) to do it, somewhere on the planet... but it's not typical functionality. you have to use a gamecube controller... and you wouldn't want to use a n64 control, because you need analog input from the shoulder buttons to play the game (long hard press = long pass, short quick press = short pass). the N64 shoulder buttons only had 2 states (on and off) to the best of my knowledge, they were digital buttons.

Parra

Referee
I figured it is just a problem with the Wii. Fun, but not the platform for serious games.

Latest posts