What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

Games not to bad, but you need more of a reward system for winning the premiership.

Maybe a trophy cabinet in the menu so you can view all past trophy's won, just would add a nice little touch to it instead of "winners are ******** trophy in the centre of the field the you start a new year again

=)

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i dont have a wii and never will... bit playing RL2 on ps, the franchise mode was impossible to run for more then a few seasons, and all players felt they deserved 300k, and you were left with generic players who just plain sucked... and even they wanted big bucks! so you ended up with a 17 man squad, and 1 injury forced you to forfiet games. is that at least fixed?

Y2Eel

First Grade
i dont have a wii and never will... bit playing RL2 on ps, the franchise mode was impossible to run for more then a few seasons, and all players felt they deserved 300k, and you were left with generic players who just plain sucked... and even they wanted big bucks! so you ended up with a 17 man squad, and 1 injury forced you to forfiet games. is that at least fixed?

RL2 Was ahead of its time :shock:

mortz

the next game should have full control of all teams, maybe a manager mode, to make managing the salary cup a bit easier, and maybe a my player mode like nba 2k10

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Im just about to start my 4th season, and ive had drama, the fkn thing has gone and re-signed players for me that i didn't want re-signed and signed free agents that i didn't need or want, they signed Mortimer for 400 grand a year for 5 yrs ffs, the pricks have used all my money, so i can't terminate the contracts i have no cash left.

Anyone else had thing crap happen.

Big Tim

First Grade
the next game should have full control of all teams, maybe a manager mode, to make managing the salary cup a bit easier, and maybe a my player mode like nba 2k10

Bought NBA2k10 just for that feature.... it is epic.

Would be great in League..... get 30 tackles, no penalties, try assists.... could be great.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only just bought this game.

kicking is a joke, on the fifth you go to pass the ball from dummy half to a kicker, and the only people standing around are f**king props. Kicking sideline conversions is almost impossible. I know they're meant to be hard, but at least be realistic about it.

If you have a strong running player, for example Gallen or Myles, if they get the ball out wide, they can sometimes run the length of the field, even though defenders come across and tackle them, they mostly just break through them and keep going.

That's not entirely realistic.

Some of the values are a bit bloody dicey too.

and that f**king swan dive when going to score a try is sometimes sh*tty. Last night I had a player run towards the corner and he did the big swan dive to score and ended up going touch in-goal.

Thats just plain f**ked.

Otherwise, it's not too bad. A mile behind EA games obviously, on a similar level to those Cricket Manager games imo.

supersoniceagle

Juniors

kicking is a joke, on the fifth you go to pass the ball from dummy half to a kicker, and the only people standing around are f**king props. Kicking sideline conversions is almost impossible. I know they're meant to be hard, but at least be realistic about it.

If you have a strong running player, for example Gallen or Myles, if they get the ball out wide, they can sometimes run the length of the field, even though defenders come across and tackle them, they mostly just break through them and keep going.

and that f**king swan dive when going to score a try is sometimes sh*tty. Last night I had a player run towards the corner and he did the big swan dive to score and ended up going touch in-goal.

Thats just plain f**ked.

Otherwise, it's not too bad. A mile behind EA games obviously, on a similar level to those Cricket Manager games imo.
Are you setting your strategy to 'Kick' on the last tackle? I'd say 9/10 times I manage to get it to my kicker on the last. As for conversions, I find them pretty easy through they get a fair bit tougher as you put up the difficulty

donny donny

Juniors
If you mess around with the sliders and player stats you can make the game a lot better.

I have given all the forwards low speed etc stats, around average break tackle stats and high tackle stats. The backs have above average speed etcs stats but low break tackle stats.

I can now play the game on Seasoned difficulty and have to make yards with the forwards down the middle before getting the ball out wide to score. Miles better than how it plays by default.

griffo346

First Grade
im liking the game

however im annoyed that we cant use the wii classic controler does anyone know why??

griffo346

First Grade
im liking the game

however im annoyed that we cant use the wii classic controler does anyone know why??

Zigwaa

Bench

Thats just plain f**ked.

Yeah the swan dive can be annoying. If you stop pressing the acceleration button as you cross the line they put it down quicker.

The kicking - press the minus button til it gets to kick and they should pass it to the half or who you've selected as kicker.

I'm loving the game despite how many people rubbished it. From what i've heard about the ps3 new version not having franchise I'm glad i have a wii.

urban eel

Juniors
Im sure you can, ive even seen NRL themed controllers advertised at Big W.

yep you can
play HEAPS easier with the controller

thanks for bumping the thread,might just dust it off tonight

i will set up the GF game and play as StGeorge,get ahead on the scoreboard
then give the controller to my dog

Last edited: