What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

...but...Cricket...
Never mind.
Cricket is the only Wii game i have bought and played once and put back in the packet and left it on the shelve and haven't played since and I'm a bit of a cricket tragic.
It was C-R-A-P!!!
wasted a $20 voucher towards that crappy game, RL3 on the other hand i put in the Wii when i got home and it is still in there 3 days later and have spent at least a couple of hours each night so far playing and still learning finding new things. 7/10 for me.

Jumpin Jackass

Juniors
Hired the game today, I've been playing for about 2 hours. I find it's lots better then rugby league 2 as I'm actually finding it quite challenging (using the Wiimote and the nunchuck) This time the fullback is actually useful, and the opposition AI scores some realistic looking tries. also you can actually create an overlap in this game as draw and pass actually works (most the time anyway) unlike rugby league 2 where the defender would just slide over to the guy you passed the ball to.

Unfortunatly it is still feels a little bit unpolished and still has a few of the problems that rugby league 2 had. I'm still gonna go buy it soon though as I've enjoyed it overall.

Ghoulies

Bench
I really should have just took the advice of the sensible majority in this thread and not bought this crap.

Last edited:
ive been enjoying it alot. im in my second year of my franchise and i think it is done very well. a few things here and there need to be fixed but hey, thats what the ps3 should be for ;)

Once Dead

Bench
Is it visually impressive. Not really.

Does the gameplay flow realistically? Definitely. I am really enjoying the game so far and love how you can shift the defensive line and change the attacking style - although that has screwed me over with crappy passes going astray.

A big step up in gameplay. The kicking feels polished and the chip option looks great when you bring it into play.

Tried to play with the Wiimote, Wiimote + nunchuck but settled on enjoying the game via the GC MadCatz controller. Really enjoying it with that controller.

bjm8

Juniors
also you can actually create an overlap in this game as draw and pass actually works (most the time anyway) .

Everytime i create an overlap, i motion to pass left and it goes back right, into the traffic. After an hour or so of playing im getting all the controls down pat but the passing is driving me insane.

Mario

Juniors
Everytime i create an overlap, i motion to pass left and it goes back right, into the traffic. After an hour or so of playing im getting all the controls down pat but the passing is driving me insane.

Make sure when you do a pass that you don't do a "wind up" in the opposite direction before you do the flick motion. It is easy to do by accident when you get excited and not something the game can compensate for in the motion detection.

cupid

Juniors
Make sure when you do a pass that you don't do a "wind up" in the opposite direction before you do the flick motion. It is easy to do by accident when you get excited and not something the game can compensate for in the motion detection.
This is why the Wii was a poor choice to put Rugby League 3 on.

mortz

use the control then, been dominating on it, heaps better than using the motion control + nunchuck

Pistol

Coach
for some reason, it doesnt respond to a punt in play. I use the gamecube controller and press the kick button and it goes through its normal routine but when i release it, the player runs the ball....

any ideas?

Danish

Referee
Loving the game!

Played about 8 hours in total and it is a big improvement over the last 2. In saying that buggy or not I still wore out te discs on the old ones anyway, such is my appetite for a league game.

The important thing is the series is improving with each go round. Give them another couple versions and we'll be in for a truly polished game IMO.

Check out the first few versions of EA's various titles to see how many goes it took them to make a good NBA, NFL or NHL game.

Once Dead

Bench
for some reason, it doesnt respond to a punt in play. I use the gamecube controller and press the kick button and it goes through its normal routine but when i release it, the player runs the ball....

any ideas?

Press and hold A - then press R

natheel

Coach
lol i go to step and i keep flicking the wiimote to theside i want to step but just passes it lol i dunno y i do it though

it does sh*t me if ur on the run and try a little pass to ur left/right and he ends up passing back and stops the motion of play, but im still getting the hang of it haha

Latest posts