1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rugby league and its impact on a players body post retirement

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Bring it home Knights, Nov 7, 2011.

1. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

Absolutely correct POPEYE, every week mechanics are being transported into emergency rooms with broken limbs, torn cartilages, dislocated shoulders, fractured jaws, severe bruising and concussion. Because as we all know being smashed in a tackle repeatedly for 80 minutes is exactly the same as removing the clutch plate of a 1977 toyota corrolla. :roll:

I'll give you a challenge - go outside and headbutt a telegraph pole for a few days and come back and tell us if you've got cancer.

2. POPEYE

POPEYE Coach

As usual . . . you have no f**king idea.

Couple of blokes I had working for me lasted about a week unloading 40 foot containers full of engine blocks, heads and gearboxes

. . . reckoned it would stuff them for the game on the weekend.

I did it for 25 years 6 days a week. Give us a rundown on your physical activities

3. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

[​IMG]
    That just proves you're a stupid cutie.

0600 - I down a dozen raw eggs and then go on a 10 kilometre run culminating in a sprint up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Arts.
    0800 - I go home and make love to the wife.
    1000 - I hit the gym. 50 sets of 90 reps working the upper body.
    1200 - Put on an old Richard Simmons tape and do a solid 120 minutes of jazzersice.
    1400 - Make love to the wife and her sister.
    1600 - I hit the gym again. 50 sets of 90 reps working the lowerbody.
    1800 - Go down to the docks and unload 40 foot containers full of engine blocks, cocaine and hookers.
    2000 - Make love to the wife, her sister and their mother.
    2200 - Step into the ring for a bit of kick boxing with Boofo the local champion.
    2215 - Take Boofo to the emergency room after breaking his jaw in 26 places.
    2300 - Hit the hay and make love to the wife, her sister, their mother and Boofo's wife.

4. POPEYE

POPEYE Coach

My body is ratshit through self-inflicted masochism which is the only similarity between me and a League player. Is that too hard to grasp.

The cancer thing is a query of mine concerning what triggers cancer which is dormant in everyone. Do footballers have a higher risk of pulling the trigger.

You do realise that if I tried to assasinate you with words as you feebly try to do me you would be ingloriously outclassed

just as would be the outcome of any physical confrontation without a shadow of doubt as can be discerned from your feministic outbursts.

Then again you may be female which would mean you are in need of a good slap from a feral husband

5. hitman82

hitman82 Bench

Great topic, nice work OP.
    I'm studying health science part time for kicks, and may look into a similar subject for my next essay.

Here's something that may be of interest:

source:
    DAN'S DARK DAYS. By: LOGUE, MATT, Rugby League Week, 00359742, 20110720

6. hitman82

hitman82 Bench

Source: Sport Health, Vol. 27, No. 1, 2009 Autumn: 17-29.

7. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for getting things back on track Hitman.

I got distracted by a Corona with a caravan on the back.

Any chance this article has a more extensive paper you could post a link to?

Not really surprising that knees came in as the most common surgical procedure!

8. hitman82

hitman82 Bench

This talk of Coronas is depressing me... 5pm is so far away for us poor Kuwis.

And yeah robotic knees may be required for future rugby league players. Or maybe just robotic players in general. Or human brains in robotic bodies. I don't know.

I have a couple of good articles I'll post shortly.

Cheers

9. hitman82

hitman82 Bench

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1332612/pdf/brjsmed00002-0048.pdf

Follow the link for details, but here's some detailed findings:

10. Rogue.9

Rogue.9 Juniors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpec32008OY On the Matty Johns show they measured the G-force of parra players tacking Ahn Do and a few were bigger than a car crash

11. God-King Dean

God-King Dean Immortal

12. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

No one cares. You tried to troll this thread like you have many others. If you want sympathy for your years of stupidity tell someone who cares, ie no one.

How? I doubt it. The head knocks may predispose them to CVA or earlier than expected onset of dementia but cancer? I doubt it.

:lol::lol: I'm very flattered POPEYE but I'm not feebly trying to do you. Dumb pricks aren't my type. :lol::lol: And it's assassinate you mental pygmy.

A physical threat over the internet. How very 2001. And feministic is not a word you pedestrian. You really are being 'gloriously outclassed' today.

I wouldn't mind a slap now and then to spice things up.

In conclusion, for once in your time on these forums stop trolling and you might be taken seriously.

13. POPEYE

POPEYE Coach

So easy

14. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

Good try dopey, the old 'I was fishing' response didn't work the first time you used it and it certainly won't work the 300th time. You're out of your league 'old' man, give up and go be humiliated some place else.

My apologies to the posters trying to have a decent thread.

15. Silent Knight

Silent Knight First Grade

No please continue AG. You're providing great entertainment value for me and my housemate. Your clashes with POPEYE never get old :lol:

I won't get involved in this battle of the heavyweights because I feel you two have the p*ssing on the wall contest covered, but from a spectator's perspective please continue :D

16. POPEYE

POPEYE Coach

Yes, you're right about assasinate . . . oops. I guess Noosa and antique laptops are not compatible.

You shouldn't have reminded people about my penchant for throwing a line and your 'prospect' is not helping by naming me a heavyweight.

There's something you can help me with. I've got to help organise a presentation and I was wondering if minor place trophies should be engraved with names.

Boredom is something I've never been able to deal with but you'll be happy to know after today I'll be too busy to play

17. nohope

nohope Juniors

18. Bring it home Knights

Bring it home Knights First Grade

You're a twat. Why clog up a thread with your own stupidity?

19. joshie

joshie Live Update Team

I once played on through sprained ankles. f**king regret it now...

20. TheDalek079

TheDalek079 Bench

nice update!