What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League has entirely the wrong philosophy

Chipmunk

Coach
The is probably the wrong sort of place to post something like this....but as a massive NRL and Parra fan and the AFL having a crack at our territory this is something I would like to say.

The ARL/NSWRL/QRL/NRL/CRL could learn from the AFL.....the AFL would never allow something so stupid to occur below...

Why? because the AFL runs the entire game....and let me tell you from what I have witnessed over the last 5-10 years...this is one of the reasons why the AFL continues to be stronger in junior development than the NRL...

Guys....Im a massive league man...forget about the signings of Folau and Hunt and the AFL comp versus the NRL comp....in the scheme of things it doesnt really matter

But its this kind of narrow mindness that is going to turn the great game of rugby league into something second rate compared to the AFL if we continue to put up with amateur-hour shows like the NSWRL/CRL having a major input into running the game and deciding the future of our Club....

Rugby League is kidding itself....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ive-competitions/story-e6frf3ou-1225972843021

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The new comission will fix this problem, as I understand they will be able to order both comps to do what they want

Eels Dude

Coach
The Raiders were warned about this happening 6 months ago yet refused to budge. They shot themselves in the foot. It wasn't the NRL's decision. The NSWRL didn't think it was fair they support aand provide for junior competitions, only to have those players developed via the banner NSWRL playing in the QLD Cup. Seems a fair decision to me, the Raiders were given the oppurtunity to enter into a feeder agreement with a NSW cup side instead, but they refused, and this is the result. So be it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The Raiders were warned about this happening 6 months ago yet refused to budge. They shot themselves in the foot. It wasn't the NRL's decision. The NSWRL didn't think it was fair they support aand provide for junior competitions, only to have those players developed via the banner NSWRL playing in the QLD Cup. Seems a fair decision to me, the Raiders were given the oppurtunity to enter into a feeder agreement with a NSW cup side instead, but they refused, and this is the result. So be it.
Can see where you are coming from , but really both does it matter if a player plays in NSW or QLD, the aim should be to strength league and the NRL.

Eels Dude

Coach
Can see where you are coming from , but really both does it matter if a player plays in NSW or QLD, the aim should be to strength league and the NRL.

That is true, and like you said something the IC will no doubt sort out when it's properly set up. But you cannot blame the NSWRL for taking this stance when they are funding the juniors, only to see some of their best playing in the QLD Cup instead of the NSW Cup, hence weakening the NSWRL.

Springs

First Grade
You should have seen about 5 years ago, they killed off a Group just to save one club...

See, this is what I don't get. It is apprently cheeper to have the between 8 and 0 players not used in your NRL squad, fly to Brisbane (at emergancy flight rates) and back and maybe stay the night there for a game then it is to link up with a powerful first grae club in the entire bush area they are in (Hay Magpies come to mind) and have them playing in the NSWRL. Surely that would back then in down in Hay, having the top flight of NSW league playing at there oval. Having their boys Travel to the Big Smoke to play top flight league?

So if it is cheeper then it must be also be cheeper to have these young kids play in the Brisbane leagues for Under 16 and Under 18's so put them on a plane and fly them to Queensland to be part of the Mal Meninga and Cyril Connell cups.

Perth fly their kids to Sydney every 2nd week to compete in the SG Ball. So do the Melbourne Storm.

parra pete

Referee
You should have seen about 5 years ago, they killed off a Group just to save one club...

The Group was already dead with just four Clubs at the time, and about to be stripped of its Group status.
Of those four, two were on the verge of folding, two of those Clubs were propped up with players out of Griffith..Goolgowi and Hillston, and no football for kids from Under 14 to Seniors.
Most of the 'gooduns' from Rankins Springs Dragons were playing with Yenda anyway - as you are now.
Nothing to stop the Springs community from organising a trial match between say Yenda and TLU at the Springs ground, or even a competition match? same as TLU played Hay in Hillston last year
BTW....since the Group was made redundant, the Club they saved - you are talking about Hay Magpies - probably now has the biggest following of any Club in the new Group, and a couple of lower grade premierships to its credit in just a short time...
Has any other Club in the past four years in Group 20 been able to attract $4000 and $5000 gates to a 'competition match'?
The Club it saved is just two months off staging a promotion people said could not happen.
"People who say it can't be done, are getting knocked over by people DOING it"
Take a look at www.haymagpies.com.au (use Windows Internet Explorer for better view)
If there is to be a bigger promotion staged in bush Rugby League this year...or with more champions of the game in attendance, I would like to know what it is going to be.
Some more exciting information about the promotion of the match - and the community of Hay - is expected to be confirmed within the next couple of weeks. It will provide exposure to Hay, Rugby League, Riverina Division and Country Life like never before.
The Club is just waiting to 'sign off' on the agreement. Has been confirmed, just need ink to be put to paper.
'From little things, big things grow......'

Latest posts