What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League in Sets?

munge

Juniors
I was thinking while i watch the isner and mahut match last week in tennis and i was also thinking about the proposed new rule changes and i came up with an unthought of idea but im not sure if its good or not. the rugby league traditionalists wont like it but i think it could make the game more exciting and faster. anyway could rugby league be played in sets? like tennis. we could have 5 x 20 minute sets. and whoevers winning at the end of each 20 minute set wins the set. so its practical 5 small games in one this could fire debate i realise, and i no not everyone will like it, as should we stop it after 3 sets if a team is up 3-0, or should you play the 5 sets out no matter what. and also what would we do if it was 6-6 at the end of the 20 minutes, what possible things could we do in the tiebreaker, probably golden point logical

Mr Saab

Referee
Leave the game as it bloody well is
2 x 40 min halves
4 points try
2 points goal
1 point field goal
6 tackle sets

When that changes, then so does the game and it wont be the same to me

ByRd

First Grade
I was thinking while i watch the isner and mahut match last week in tennis and i was also thinking about the proposed new rule changes and i came up with an unthought of idea but im not sure if its good or not. the rugby league traditionalists wont like it but i think it could make the game more exciting and faster. anyway could rugby league be played in sets? like tennis. we could have 5 x 20 minute sets. and whoevers winning at the end of each 20 minute set wins the set. so its practical 5 small games in one this could fire debate i realise, and i no not everyone will like it, as should we stop it after 3 sets if a team is up 3-0, or should you play the 5 sets out no matter what. and also what would we do if it was 6-6 at the end of the 20 minutes, what possible things could we do in the tiebreaker, probably golden point logical
im sorry lol but that is pretty stupid, there is nothing wrong with the way it is

Timmah6991

Juniors
206di.gif

munge

Juniors
people are suggesting all types of rule changes and to be honest some of them just seem ridiculous such as the 60 minute game, like come on. i am just trying to play devils advocate. maybe this idea could be trialled for non finals dependent games in later rounds

clarency

Juniors
Unique idea... but still. I'm against all rule changes that won't be enforced internationally.

Big Mick

Referee
people are suggesting all types of rule changes and to be honest some of them just seem ridiculous such as the 60 minute game, like come on. i am just trying to play devils advocate. maybe this idea could be trialled for non finals dependent games in later rounds

The devil wouldn't come up with this.

The problem with this game is that we are continually changing it and changing the rules etc and most people sit back and go "wtf is going on?"

The next set of rules we do to change the game...need to be stuck with. No more changes....we need to build a sense of unity to the game again and we can't do that if we continue to stuff with it.

Finally someones trumped my gem from years ago!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=112760

jc155776

Coach
This thread should be deleted.

Everyone is now dumber for reading that post.

May god have mercy on your soul.

Eels Dude

Coach
I hope the OP isn't serious and this is just a gee up... if not this would have to go down as the dumbest idea I've ever heard.