What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Micistm

Bench
still haven't tried this one, if i see it in the cheapo bin for 25-40 bucks ill give it a crack. Only problem is with the first 2 games that came out i played it that much i basically became unbeatable and lost interest. Started doing seasons with teams filled with the bench running on with the 18-25 squad fillers and still dominating

It's an okay game. Average. Has a few little bugs you can work around. Some say it's a great game...IMO they are cutting it some slack because it's RL. Some say it's shit...IMO that's a bit too harsh, it plays okay but you will find it incredibly frustrating initially.
I think it is worth picking up IF you find it a bit cheaper, second hand or whatever. It seems to hold it's price well and IMO there are far better games you can get for half the price it generally goes for. But- It's league, and there's few options in that regard.:)

Parra Pride

Coach
Something interesting, it's cheaper to buy the original version of the game, and then buy the DLC separate than it is to buy the "Not Even Close to Game of the Year" edition.

Prometheus

Juniors
This game has logos and uniforms for Glebe, University, Cumberland and Annandale. What other league game has ever gone that far in depth?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I think you misunderstand. We know that it packs a lot of features. Features don't necessarily mean it's a great game....

gameplay wise it is heaps better then Rll 1....but its still a shit game.

Prometheus

Juniors
If it isn't to be judged by the standards of other league games, then I really don't know how it should be judged.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Have always found it fun for the odd game with friends but doesn't hold my attention much beyond that.

I play a lot of FIFA and NBA 2K though so my standards for sports games are high, RLL2 doesn't reach them. I'm unable to just gloss over that for the fact "it's a league game" beyond what I said above, playing with friends. When it comes to manager modes or the online offerings of FIFA it can't compete for me, nor did I expect it to.

Micistm

Bench
If it isn't to be judged by the standards of other league games, then I really don't know how it should be judged.

As a game. With the gameplay. How it plays. That's what people have said.
It's certainly better than the first one- But that does not make it a fantastic game by default. It looks okay, but it still has actual gameplay issues to work out for a next game.
A game may look good, and have all the correct teams n logos, but if it doesn't play well, that's the most important thing.

The vast majority have said the same thing. It's a definite improvement in league games. But still has a way to go to be a top notch sports game in the gameplay dept.

natheel

Coach
Mine was a halfback for New Zealand.

You got to make sure that when creating a player that their team you out as their rep lack in depth in that position.

So mine was a half I out at dragons so he was an instant starter therefore made nz rep

I reckon he could've made country as well if i made him aussie as their half that year was Townsend

Parra Pride

Coach
I have had my created players start making rep sides after the patch, though it took a few years of career before they got to Origin and Australia.