1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rugby League Live 2

Discussion in 'Computer and Video Games' started by WarriorsFan4Life, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Parra Pride

Parra Pride Coach

I've never been able to switch to those players on my team who are actually in a position to make a tackle, what makes it even more frustrating is they tend to run away when they get close to the try line.

Players walking away from bombs should've been fixed in the last patch, at least it hadn't happened to me since then.

2. Cena

Cena Juniors

World cup edition is a good game, but I hope they improve player likeness in the next game or patch. Rugby league Wii had good player likeness but the ps3 games have had sh** models. I don't even use some players cause they look nothing like themselves

3. Non Terminator

Non Terminator Coach

Can't believe we never had an LU league...
    Enough dedicated players.

4. Patorick

Patorick Moderator Staff Member

Any news on a 2014 patch?

5. Big Pete

Big Pete Referee

Doubt it will happen given the last patch was something of a commercial bust for Big Ant.

At least, that's how I understood it from their end.

6. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

After finally having a chance to play this for the first time (it's on sale for 22 bucks for PS plus members), I am left feeling pretty flat, if I'm honest. This game proves that a potentially great Rugby League video game can be made, if only the NRL outsourced the license to a developer who gives enough of a f**k.

Rampant intercepts which make cutout passes barely even worth it, being penalized for being offside when you aren't, sometimes glitchy controls and f**king repetitive commentary that is better turned off and Forwards outrunning backs. How the hell did this even happen? They had a second go at it and blew it again.

7. Springs

Springs First Grade

The intercepts have honestly gotten better for me since I started. I don't know if they fixed it a bit with the WCE but it seems like it.
    The only thing about them that still annoys me is when a player on the outside of your receiver manages to 'intercept' it.

8. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

I will forever remember the exact moment my opinion of this game went from "alright" to "awful".

The numerous intercepts and terminator fends I can learn to tolerate, but when my player reaches out one handed facing the wrong direction to make a try attempt 20 metres out and the referee sends it upstairs, you know this is an awfully made game.

9. Frederick

Frederick Moderator Staff Member

Why does that make it an awful game when it's probably the most accurate detail in the game? I've seen refs refer more ludicrous situations in real life

10. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

Fair call.

11. runatme

runatme Bench

still play this at least once a week online good times

12. miănfèinàn

miănfèinàn Juniors

Watching the video of the 1975 Grand Final, I counted 70 missed tackles for St. George in that game. It’s literally true that the Dragons gave up in the second half – they did not do the most basic things and Easts’ tries were so easy. Watching the two matches it becomes obvious the Roosters’ play in the 1974 Grand Final was much more meritorious, although they only one 19–4 as against 38–0. In contrast to St. George’s woeful 1975 effort, in 1974 Canterbury made Easts work extremely hard for their two excellent tries.

In the 1989/1990 Rugby League yearbook and the match description in the Sydney Morning Herald, the Gold Coast Giants were said to have had 70 missed tackles in a Round 18 match against (ironically) St. George. The Dragons won by 38 points to six, with hooker Trevor Bailey scoring three tries and saying

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  13. axl rose

axl rose Bench

PS3 or Xbox?

14. runatme

runatme Bench

upgraded to ps4

so not playing it as much

15. Pugzley

Pugzley Guest

Just bought it today. Goes good.

16. alien