What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Just want the basics.

Look at Jonah lomu rugby, the offloads were ridiculous, the kicks were crazy and the fend was something out of a comic book... But it worked, why cause the general passing and movement was smooth.

I don't want RLL2 to be madden, that's expecting too much. I don't even want a franchise mode. I just want them to focus on gameplay and make sure that everytime I play a game it's fun.

Rugby Challange was pretty good, some major flaws, but definately the best rugby game for some time.

natheel

Coach
for me a franchise mode addition into the original would've been good.

But i'd like the graphics to be like Rugby from SIDHE.

if that was a league game it would've been awesome

i read they're sorting out NSW and QLD cup comps for it too.

Utey

Coach
Rugby League 2 on PC was great. I loved it purely for the amount of modifications you could make. Like you could literally copy a stadium, edit the seats and sponsorships and change the name of it.

I had great fun doing that, creating custom stadiums for custom teams.

I did some crazy shit with that game.

If this doesn't come on on PC and have a similar amount of ability to mod, will not buy.

Sounds out of this world lol

Last edited:

MattYg1

Bench
WarriorsFan4Life (I am assuming you are Radman from the Sidhe forums) where is this confirmation coming from?

I was just at the Sidhe forums and couldnt see it?

clarency

Juniors
Tru Blu continued their "we have nothing to announce at this time" line.

Someone contacted the NRL and they confirmed that it is under development and will be released later this year.

It is on there somewhere.

MattYg1

Bench
Tru Blu continued their "we have nothing to announce at this time" line.

Someone contacted the NRL and they confirmed that it is under development and will be released later this year.

It is on there somewhere.

That I saw... but that is hardly a confirmation of anything... and it doesnt say anything about release later this year...

Paullyboy

Coach
Meh.

This thread just reminds me of the two times I fell for half baked footy games. I even tried to fool myself into liking one of them for a while but it just got too hard to keep it up.

cb4

First Grade
Franchise mode and Junior development of players needs to happen in this game.

You need full control over Toyota cup and NRL in the franchise mode, and recruit for both of them.

Would be great to take a player like Michael Licca and play him through the under 20's to develop his skill level, then keep building him into an NRL star.

Also, one thing that shits me to tears, if you elect to Coach an Origin team, you should pick the team yourself, not be given 25 randomly selected players.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I can't believe how lazy they were with "Live".

No Frachise, customization. For some reason the Stadiums with hills had no people on them. Incorrect squads, & some of the player were ridiculously wrong. Sam Burgess had an afro, & Wes Naiqama was f**king white with ginger hair!

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Yeah i don't hold out too much hope for this game, but when they only spend a fraction of whats spent on Fifa/Madden/NBA2K etc what do you really expect?

T.T

Juniors
played rugby league live tonight actually. its always great fun with a mate.. but seriously there are major major glitches.

double knockon yet the team who first knocked it on gets the ball?

kurt gidley is just about the best player in the game, wtf lol

when your over the line and should easily score players can still hold you up

if it was like real rugby league the attack should stand deep and not in a flat line !

clarency

Juniors
They don't need a large budget to make a good game.

Considering this is still one of the best:
Jonah-lomu-rugby-PSX.jpg

In order of importance
1. Gameplay
2. Customisation
3. Franchise mode
4. Variety of teams (no toyota cup)
5. Graphics

Parra Pride

Coach
if it was like real rugby league the attack should stand deep and not in a flat line !

In Rugby League 3 you can order your team to stand deep when attacking, the problem is half the team they either catch the pass standing still, or the pass goes to ground.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Meh.

This thread just reminds me of the two times I fell for half baked footy games. I even tried to fool myself into liking one of them for a while but it just got too hard to keep it up.

we've all fallen for it and will sadly continue to fall for it :(

I returned live to eb, i'm not going to hold my breath with this one but will probably "rent" it from eb for a week

natheel

Coach
These are the features (highlighted are the ones im happy with)

Features of Rugby League Live 2 include:

• A Multitude of Licensed Leagues & Teams: NRL, Super League, Cooperative Championships, NSW & QLD cups, Toyota Cup, Rep teams, Australian, English and New Zealander Internationals.

• 34 high detail stadia from Australia, New Zealand and the UK.

• Dynamic Field Wear & Tear: Grass wears away in areas of action.

• Unique Mud & Sweat: Players accumulate mud on their bodies specifically where they hit the field. Players sweat based on their exertion level.

• Dynamic Tackling System: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders.

• Tactical Passing: Perform defensive or attacking passes to best exploit your opponents.

• Strategic Defense: Set up to increase the likelihood of one, two or three-man, tackles!

• Spectacular High Ball Catching: Soar high to catch the ball or tap it to team mates.

• Create Custom Teams and Players in the fully featured Footy Factory and share them online.

• Competitive or co-operative multiplayer matches with up to eight players (four a side) online.

• Massive 10-Year Career Mode: sign sponsors, hire top flight coaching staff, negotiate player contracts and set player training programs & intensity to build the ultimate team.

• Experience System: Earn badges and experience both online and off to rise to the top of the leaderboards.

• Double-barreled expert commentary from Andrew Voss and Phil 'Gus' Gould.

may aswell have highlighted the whole thing haha

but the Career mode sounds similar to Manager modes on Fifa games without the possible offers from other clubs

the mud/sweat and the stadium wear and tear sounds like a cool feature, one of those little things that make it seem more realistic (the rugby challenge had a similar one in it so its pretty cool

i'm predicting a release around GF time

Joely01

Bench
Some of those features sound awesome. I wonder if it will be a full on NSW/QLD Cup Comp or some of those players will be in the NRL squad, same as the Toyota Cup hope thats a full on season as well.

Didnt Rugby league live advertised the same thing with the 20s but it turned out to only be about 5 or 6 players in the NRL squad?

Career mode sounds amazing, i cant wait to play this game.