What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Ausguy

Coach
You mentioned bombs, do they go more then 15 - 20 metres? I hated not being able to put up a nice bomb from the 40-50 metre line in RL3.

I didnt see one go 40 or 50 metres but i did see a 25... does that help? lol

keep in mind... everyone struggled to kick.

Parra Pride

Referee
As long as its better than RL3 that's a start, what about crossfield kicks, was there any individual system for them?

Danish

Referee
You mentioned bombs, do they go more then 15 - 20 metres? I hated not being able to put up a nice bomb from the 40-50 metre line in RL3.

One bloke put up a bomb using I think Pearce in a origin match from the 30m line and it went dead on the full.

So a tick to mid-field bombs and another tick for realism :lol:

I saw someone score a try from a grubber as well which looked ace. Slid it through under the sticks and the fullback ran through and dove on it. A few managed to successfully chip over the defensive line and regather. Granted most didn't mean to but it still means its possible

azsportza

Live Update Team
I didnt see one go 40 or 50 metres but i did see a 25... does that help? lol

keep in mind... everyone struggled to kick.

Kicking was a big learning curve. As were all the controls. But if you played it for 30+ minutes you would get the hang of it quickly. You can bomb it up and kick it quite long

Parra Pride

Referee
How are the intercepts? RL3 used to bug the shit out of me since your player would jump as if he was catching a bomb when taking the intercept.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Is it important to get the forwards making hitups to lay a platform for the backs, or are they ineffective like in every League game?

Parra Pride

Referee
It's really in their best interests to get this out before November when most people will be moving on to CoD or Halo 4.

Ausguy

Coach
Please tell me that Gus doesn't do the "no no no no no" thing?

Yes yes yes yes he does

Little cutscenes, commentary, etc. Did it at all feel like you were watching a broadcast?

Cut scenes were ok but its no madden... telecast no, which is ok

How are the intercepts? RL3 used to bug the shit out of me since your player would jump as if he was catching a bomb when taking the intercept.

Intercepts were frequent but i put it down to poor passing from not knowing what to do... i dont think hardly anyone used the actual pass to X B or Y options as it was simply not enough time to learn

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
Is it important to get the forwards making hitups to lay a platform for the backs, or are they ineffective like in every League game?

It will be important but depends, if you want to just spread it go for it but it didnt looklike a golden ticket everytime to me.... on harder levels i think forwards makign metres will be required.

azsportza

Live Update Team
ausguy, could you answer a couple of questions?

How many national teams are in the game is it only Australia, NZ and England ? or is there others like Wales, France, PNG?

Are we able to edit current teams/add players?

Is it easy to customise teams and players do they offer us a different choice of jereseys/logos, what choices of hairstyles and player sizes do we have?

Can you bring players up from Toyota/NSW Cup/Championship and Championship 1 in the UK? can you also play as them in Career mode?

I can answer then for you.

The only international teams I saw were AUS, NZ and England.

You can edit and add players very easily into the game and even swap players across teams. For example if you wanted Jamie Soward to play for the Eels you can.

As for the jerseys not sure, but everything can be changed.

As far as I could tell you will be able to sign players from different leagues and use them in career mode.

Parra Pride

Referee
As far as I could tell you will be able to sign players from different leagues and use them in career mode.

What would be great though is if you could play your first graders in NSW or, age permitting, NYC. I think being able to have an injured player play a game or two in NSW before going to first grade would be a nice little touch.