What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Yeah alot of positive comments on Facebook.

Apparently you have a few options in the tackle area. This game seems like it will have some decent depth and take a while to get used to.

Danish

Referee
ausguy, could you answer a couple of questions?

How many national teams are in the game is it only Australia, NZ and England ? or is there others like Wales, France, PNG?

Are we able to edit current teams/add players?

Is it easy to customise teams and players do they offer us a different choice of jereseys/logos, what choices of hairstyles and player sizes do we have?

Can you bring players up from Toyota/NSW Cup/Championship and Championship 1 in the UK? can you also play as them in Career mode?

I was there tonight as well... Was told not to say till afterwards because I was there not as a competition winner or reviewer etc.

You can play as any team from the world cup I was told.

Player customisation is MASSIVE. Everything from dozens of hairstyles, full face shaping, commentary pronounciation (including a crapload of poly names) to choosing what taping, boot colour and tattoos you want. They also made a big deal about being able to have your socks up or down for some reason :lol:

You can completely customise teams and rosters, so you can swap players from the lower grades into the 1st grade squad and then use those teams in all modes of the game. Didn't ask if you could pull players out of reserves/U20s on a whim during career mode though.

They do have a fair few jersey selections for custom teams including heritage strips so you could conceivably put together a defunct team.

Danish

Referee
Just left.

Still no definite release date

But when it comes out I'm getting it.

Very impressive. Hard to play and get used to but it fast paced and looks to be the goods.

Yeah I was impressed as well. I really liked that it rewarded playing direct and to the line instead of just trying to run around them and create an easy overlap. The preview lines it throws down on the field at the play the ball showing where each player is going to run was really cool as well, and would become very useful once you actually get your head around the controls.

Something small that I liked was that the camera can be set to not swing around immediately on a turnover, instead waiting for the first tackle. This proved a massive help for intercepts of sweeping onto a grubber as you could just continue to run and not get stuffed up by the controls flipping on you mid-run.

To be honest I'd buy any league game regardless but this one actually looks like the goods. I just hope it is released sooner rather than later. My complete guess is end of October or early November.

Parra Pride

Referee
To be honest I'd buy any league game regardless but this one actually looks like the goods. I just hope it is released sooner rather than later. My complete guess is end of October or early November.

They have said it would be out for the finals, hopefully they follow through with that. I'd hate if it was released in November as it would interfere with Halo 4.

azsportza

Live Update Team
I just got home from the preview event. It was a great experience and it's a lot better than I expected. I will post up a review of what I thought about the game. BUT I can say that it's very very unlikely that the game will be released during the finals. The game is in the final stages of development and then will need to be approved.

Ausguy

Coach
Danish i agree with everything you said...

for those that werent there, the night was pretty much all gameplay with a few little intros of menu's. For some reason they focused most of their attention on telling us that the player customisation is huge (71 tattoos with a choice of lower or upper arms/leg etc) it wasnt my most important feature but hey its in there.

There wasnt time for menu hoping so we probably cant say much about that, however it looks a lot like Fox sports animation in the menu's and pretty slick.

Ok gameplay....

now im a hard marker and not easily impressed however this game has longevity. I only played 1 game although most had 2 cos i wanted to watch and move from 1 tv to another to see more stuff. The game i played it was hard to get used to the buttons and the screen view, we were using xbox i have ps3 so that didnt help however the gist of the game was not lost on me or others. Everyone agreed once the buttons were mastered the gameplay behind it is great and definately something that can become tactical and not arcadey.

some random points without expansion

- kicking, everyone struggled, its hard but only cos we were new to it, using the pass to play maker buttons for this is key
- bombs simply work!!! :)
- player animations and tackling are great
- there are no players accidently running out near the sideline
- stadiums look sharp and well done
- GOAL KICKING IS FANTASTIC!!!! PLAYERS KICK LIKE THEY DO IN REAL LIFE (atleast benji, luke bert, carney and inu)
- Forward passes are picked up and not over the top (this was impressive)
- the angled lines, now this is where after 3 hours of learning the buttons they will come into their own... the players runs exactly where these lines are... it will be perfect to set up some structured sets and plays once the buttons are mastered, do not underestimate how good these are
- there are no set plays BUT, dont fear, with the above lines i mentioned its not a huge loss (set plays are very hard to program apparently and its the first attempt) DO NOT WORRY ABOUT LACK OF SET PLAYS, ITS ALL GOOD WITHOUT THEM....

i will add mre when i think of them...

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Referee
You mentioned bombs, do they go more then 15 - 20 metres? I hated not being able to put up a nice bomb from the 40-50 metre line in RL3.

Ausguy

Coach
Aus guy who were the best rated sides and who were the worst that you saw?

Ok here is the thing .... you had 20 amatuers playing, it was impossible to see who was the highest rated teams without going through the menu. Talent was not obvious with everyone trying to use a game they had no idea about.

Sorry cant help however i can say that players such as barber and soward were elusive and quick while gibbs and other props were less mobile

Walt Flanigan

Referee
He is, and ridiculously there were several games played featuring the raiders and he didn't ONCE break anything.

I had a word to them about how unrealistic this was :sarcasm:

Sweet. I thought he might just be on the sideline with his crutches.

Latest posts