What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League "LIVE" on Melbourne TV

damn u channel nine melb 12:50 wtf i dont wanna see T-3 ive seen it a million times already damn there acting like little kids just cause its nrl :crazy:

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Quidgybo said:
Well of course it's a once off. In the wake of losing the AFL rights, Nein are testing the market in advance of the AFL season. If the match performs respectably then expect to see another Storm game slotted in on Friday night in the first batch of rounds scheduled once the season is underway (ie. round 6 onwards). If that game still performs respectably even head to head with the AFL then things could get interesting. At that point they might even test a non-Storm game. But all that is a looooong way down the track. Let's get past step one first.

Leigh.
Well I know 12 odd thousand people that won't be watching it on 9.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Collingwood Storm said:
at least ch9 picked the right day for the storm....the only AFL game on tv this coming weekend is on Sat Night, the NAB Cup Final....then there is a week off, then the real stuff starts

I see Ch7 has the NAB Cup final (Sat) on at 11.30pm in Sydney.
I guess they don't want to get demolished two nights in a row. :lol:

Michaelson

Juniors
BTW, can any of the Melbourne based fans tell me if there's a good place to watch the league in melbourne? I'm sure there are places where I'll be able to watch games with the sound off on a small screen while everyone else is watching the AFL, but are there any pubs or clubs that league fans congregate at?

I'm a Tigers fan living in Richmond, and I really don't want to fork out for Foxtel...

Michaelson said:
BTW, can any of the Melbourne based fans tell me if there's a good place to watch the league in melbourne? I'm sure there are places where I'll be able to watch games with the sound off on a small screen while everyone else is watching the AFL, but are there any pubs or clubs that league fans congregate at?

I'm a Tigers fan living in Richmond, and I really don't want to fork out for Foxtel...

go to the wests tigers site there a few tigers on there that meet up in richmond i would go but i have foxtel :p

starburst

Juniors
Ziggy the God said:
I see Ch7 has the NAB Cup final (Sat) on at 11.30pm in Sydney.
I guess they don't want to get demolished two nights in a row. :lol:
Too bad that ch9 gets killed in the other 4 days of the week!:roll:

Seriously ch9 has massive problems this year.

starburst said:

whats this got to do with rugby league?

as long as the NRL does well in the ratings i couldnt give a rats about the rest of the week on channel nine , its simply has nothing to do with the NRL or AFL.

Quidgybo

Bench
Captian_Klutz said:
Well I know 12 odd thousand people that won't be watching it on 9.
12,000 thousand one way or the other isn't going to make or break the Melbourne telecast. We're talking hundreds of thousands. If the telecast draws under 100,000 then I doubt we'll see another live Friday night game this season. If it breaks 200,000 then we're a chance. If it breaks 300,000 then we're onto something.

Leigh.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
herbert henry1908 said:
whats this got to do with rugby league?

as long as the NRL does well in the ratings i couldnt give a rats about the rest of the week on channel nine , its simply has nothing to do with the NRL or AFL.

You might want to type that a bit slower so that he can understand the point.

LESStar58

Referee
starburst said:

Pay no attention to starburst peoples.... hes finally making his way out of TFC and can't seem to sustain/take part in any arguments he starts when hes getting his arse handed to him....

LESStar58

Referee
Quidgybo said:
12,000 thousand one way or the other isn't going to make or break the Melbourne telecast. We're talking hundreds of thousands. If the telecast draws under 100,000 then I doubt we'll see another live Friday night game this season. If it breaks 200,000 then we're a chance. If it breaks 300,000 then we're onto something.

Leigh.

They are all pretty optimistic figures... remember its been a long time since we've had live football on friday night.

Nook

Bench
If the telecast draws under 100,000 then I doubt we'll see another live Friday night game this season. If it breaks 200,000 then we're a chance. If it breaks 300,000 then we're onto something.

The ratings will certainly be interesting.

Hard to know but I don't think we can expect to much first game of the season without the benefit of a big build up (for eg towards the back end of last season).

Anything over 150,000 will be a bonus but it could go a lot better or a lot worse.

Lowdown

Juniors
Michaelson said:

Rising Sun Hotel, on swan st and burnley st. Official Storm pub...and not unusual to see a few storm lads or coaching staff relaxing to some live NRL thanks to the pubs Imparja feed.

Getting the game live into Melbourne for round 1 is great. Its what happens after round 1 that has me very worried. I fear that Nine will not show until late, forcing Foxtel to push their delyaed coverage back even further into the early hours of the morning. Previously one match late into Melbourne was bearable, now two even later into Saturday morning is poor form.

Latest posts