What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League "LIVE" on Melbourne TV

Hazy

Juniors
Both the Ninemsn guide, and the Sunday Herald Sun TV guide show that Channel Nine Melbourne will be showing Storm V Tigers @ 7.30. With the Broncos V Cowboys @ 12.20.

Things are looking up.

Michaelson

Juniors
Didn't Channel 9 lose the AFL this year? Surely that should open up some spots for RL coverage in Melbourne. Having just moved down south I sure hope so.

Michaelson

Juniors
Course I am. In fact, I'm getting Storm membership. But if they show the Friday/Sunday/Monday night games, even delayed, that would be great.

this is awesome news . i could be wrong but i dont think the swans have ever had a game live for friday night footy ( a regular season game that is) .

should be interesting to see the ratings.

Stagger eel

Staff member
innsaneink said:
Its only cause theyre playing us.

they may still need to be reminded that they're playing the Wests Tigers and not the Richmond Tigers ;-)

murray

Juniors
The AFL will still be in preseason for the first few rounds. I will be very (pleasantly) surprised if nein go head to head with the AFL unless both teams were non-melbourne teams and the Storm were playing.

LESStar58

Referee
Ahhh....they HAVE to go head to head with the AFL. Why? Because they announced MONTHS ago that the Storm would have the first Friday Night fixture of the season and that the game would be broadcast live into Melbourne.

Don't worry about Friday night... it will be live. What happens after that remains to be seen but this Friday is a go ahead. I'll be at the game.

Footy is back and I for one couldn't be happier!

LESStar58

Referee
Broncs vs Cowboys @ 12:20? Thats a bit rich! Would have thought they put it on straight after!

Whats on 9 in between the games? The Sound Of Music? Shane Crawford Exposed?

Quidgybo

Bench
murray said:
The AFL will still be in preseason for the first few rounds. I will be very (pleasantly) surprised if nein go head to head with the AFL unless both teams were non-melbourne teams and the Storm were playing.
Well of course it's a once off. In the wake of losing the AFL rights, Nein are testing the market in advance of the AFL season. If the match performs respectably then expect to see another Storm game slotted in on Friday night in the first batch of rounds scheduled once the season is underway (ie. round 6 onwards). If that game still performs respectably even head to head with the AFL then things could get interesting. At that point they might even test a non-Storm game. But all that is a looooong way down the track. Let's get past step one first.

Leigh.

murray

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
Ahhh....they HAVE to go head to head with the AFL. Why? Because they announced MONTHS ago that the Storm would have the first Friday Night fixture of the season and that the game would be broadcast live into Melbourne.

The actual AFL season won't have started though, so the first game isn't head to head.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Being a townsville lad now living in the wilds of tassie let me tell you i was more excited than a catholic on his wedding night with the news that the footy is LIVE here on friday night.

I am less than impressed with the broncos v cowboys clash being telecast at 12:30am but that is the reason i got austar.

at least ch9 picked the right day for the storm....the only AFL game on tv this coming weekend is on Sat Night, the NAB Cup Final....then there is a week off, then the real stuff starts

eelavation said:
they may still need to be reminded that they're playing the Wests Tigers and not the Richmond Tigers ;-)

Very true...channel nine would not even know what NRL is !!!...:cool:

Stagger eel

Staff member
kia ora storm said:
Very true...channel nine would not even know what NRL is !!!...:cool:

that's the problem Nine in Melbourne believe the N stands for "Never" and not "National"

Hazy

Juniors
I'm of the opinion (due to a few comments from E. Mcguire ... "taking a few risks" ... " got the NRL" over the past few months) that FNF rugby league style is going to be a fixture in Melbourne.

Latest posts