What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live - PS3 and XB360

hybrid_tiger

Coach
RUGBY LEAGUE LIVE FOR PLAYSTATION®3, AND XBOX 360® ANNOUNCED

SYDNEY, Australia – June 28, 2010 – Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) today announced the development and release date of Rugby League Live for PlayStation®3, and Xbox 360® due for release on September 2nd 2010.

“Rugby League Live brings all the hard hitting action and excitement of the greatest game of all to your lounge room”, said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “The demand for a Rugby League game on Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® has been staggering. We have listened to our fans and we are delighted to make this announcement”, said Robles.

The features of Rugby League Live include:

· 40+ licensed teams from competitions such as the NRL, Super League, State of Origin, City v Country, and World Cup.
· 30+ realistic stadia from around the world.
· 4 player multiplayer.
· Bone crunching tackles and impact camera replays.
· Field and uniform degradation.
· Create your own players, teams and competitions.
· Multiple replay angles and commentary by Andrew Voss.
· Join friends for head to head & co-operative online play via PlayStation®Network, and Xbox LIVE®.

“Rugby League Live for Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® is an exciting addition to the NRL licensing range,” NRL Director of Marketing & Commercial, Paul Kind, said.

“The head to head multi-player feature available online is a first for Rugby League gaming and the enhanced design and interactive features provide a dynamic experience for all gamers”, said Kind.

Rugby League Live is expected to be released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France on September 2nd, 2010. More information about the game can be found at http://www.trublu.com.au

I assume this will be a direct port from the Wii version, but still, good to see, even if it probably won't be very good.

adamkungl

Immortal

renouf

Juniors
I'd rather they do a decent job or don't make the game at all. Sick of the amateur gameplay/graphics these nz companies are putting out. The rugby/soccer games that come out on ps3/xbox360 look ten times better then those screenshots.

Just to add to that, if they don't fix the graphics up they'll be made to look like fools, don't know too many games on the ps3/xbox360 that look so bad.

Last edited:

The Gambler

Juniors
To do this day I still play Rugby League 2, despite all the flaws, so if this is going to be an improvement than I will be cheering.

cupid

Juniors
Gee, some of you would complain about getting a gobby. How could you expect a small Australian gaming studio to compete with EA sports or 2K?

I'm still playing Rugby League 1 ffs, so if it is better than that which it LOOKS like, I'm in.

Just hope getting tries from kicks is better implemented.

bulldog

Bench
Just checked the screens, it may not look pretty but if they nail the gameplay and get the rules right I'll be stoked.

As much as I wanted to, I just didn't enjoy the Sidhe titles.

Paullyboy

Coach
Just checked the screens, it may not look pretty but if they nail the gameplay and get the rules right I'll be stoked.

As much as I wanted to, I just didn't enjoy the Sidhe titles.

That's pretty much my thoughts exactly. I really, really, really tried to love them (unlike others who were always going to bag it after the first one), but the gameplay was just too flat.

THey always seem to release it at the end of a season though, I would have thought there'd be more advantages releasing it during the season.

[furrycat]

Coach
Be aware it is a different developer to the first two RL games (Sidhe) - this is by a different mob.

Jono078

Referee
I don't like the screenshots.

I REALLY hope the gameplay is good though.

Also looks like there is no franchise mode, very disappointing if that's the case :(

DB

First Grade
the use of 'live' in the title.... does that mean it will be just a game played over PSN or XBOX Live, or will it be similiar to the other games, where you can choose to play online?

ozgamer

Juniors
Just thought that some of you might be interested to know that there is a new Rugby League game being made for Xbox 360 and PS3 coming in September. I've been hoping for this since I played the first one on the old Xbox, though why it is coming at the end of the season is strange.

All those US sports get games, so it's nice when one close to our hearts here in Oz is made!

Pricey is on the cover again too!
I found the details listed at oxcgn. com

Latest posts