What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live - PS3 and XB360

perverse

Referee
bit of a kick in the guts to Sidhe, assuming they didn't turn the job down. will be interesting to see if this surpasses RL3.

beave

Coach
The gameplay and graphics better be a lot better than the last one.......................

perverse

Referee
Yes, given the absolute quality they churned out I'm gutted for them :lol:
quality is relative to things like budget, resources and deadlines. i'm interested to see how much better the new mob do. thus far i have blamed low development budgets for the lack of quality in a Rugby League title, rather than the studio developing the title... i will be interested to see if that diagnosis is correct. i still think Sidhe have done the best with what they've had to work with, but we'll find out one way or another soon enough it would seem.

[furrycat]

Coach
Your first post.. is about this.. Ozgamer.. lolz..

You should change your name to nerdgamer..

Who the f**k are you? The posting police? f**k off and leave new posters alone you muppet. Considering the quality of a lot of your posts, you've got no right.

Special K

Coach
Hopefully they will let you to customise the game more than RL 2 as RL1 let you do so much more!

Hopefully they have rosters for download so the game isn't out of date by the time it hits the shelves.

DB

First Grade
Hopefully they will let you to customise the game more than RL 2 as RL1 let you do so much more!

Hopefully they have rosters for download so the game isn't out of date by the time it hits the shelves.

Even if we are able to customize rosters, I would be happy to do it.

Danish

Referee
Considering there is online game play, then you would have to think that roster updates, patches etc will all be part and parcel.

You may say that customising rosters yourself is ok.... but I dare you to give it a crack on the RL3 on Wii.

I tried, got got halfway through the roosters team and gave up. It involves way WAY too much work, especially when having to create players that did not exist in the competition last year.

Geohood

Bench
Being made by a company in Melbourne this time.... :S

And why is Steve Price still on the cover??? Geez he will be retired when this game comes out

Last edited:

Tweek

Juniors
Found This from Mario from Sidhe, makers of RL1 & rl2.

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40200

To clarify the role of Sidhe in this

- Big Ant (based in Melbourne) are the developer of the title
- Sidhe were not involved in the development of this title, though we were aware it was in development from the outset
- Sidhe did provide some QA testing resource towards the backend of the project, though was not the primary testing resource
- Rugby League Live is not a port of Rugby League 3. It is a seperate title based on different technology.
- Some commentary, stadium, and motion capture/animation data from Sidhe RL titles was supplied to Big Ant to assist with development, but it is not clear how this may have been used in conjunction with new assets created by Big Ant in the final version.

As suggested previously, the Rugby League franchise has come to PS3/360, and HES continues to make significant investment into the franchise.

We can't comment or answer questions on the title directly, but hopefully footy fans will support it.

Danish

Referee
And why is Steve Price still on the cover??? Geez he will be retired when this game comes out

Because the owner of TruBlu is a dogs fan, and Price is his daughter's favourite player. Thats why he has been on all the covers.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
wooo!! hopefully they play RL3 and fix the bugs on that one. I enjoyed RL3 but theres always room for improvement and i hope this studio learns from what didnt work on the previous games

This game will likely be a wee bit worse than RL3 since they are working from scratch but with a few of Sidhes resources. I hope I'm surprised and it is better but I'm not expecting it.

simostorm

Bench
[furrycat];6716995 said:
Who the f**k are you? The posting police? f**k off and leave new posters alone you muppet. Considering the quality of a lot of your posts, you've got no right.

i'll write what i like. so get stuffed.. :lol::lol:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
bit of a kick in the guts to Sidhe, assuming they didn't turn the job down. will be interesting to see if this surpasses RL3.

Big Ant have been developing this for over 2 years now. I mentioned it in the Rugby League 3 thread, I mistakenly thought Rugby League 3 was this release from Big Ant,. I have a friend who worked on the project, he said it was riddled with poor management and lackluster developers, I haven't spoken to him in a while but I hope the situation has improved. He actually said he was embaressed that his name would be attached to it. I played a beta of it back in october last year, it was underwhelming to say the least.

It uses a generic game rendering engine called "Fire", he said that design decision alone has significantly impacted the capabilities of the project. The graphics and game logic have had some serious hurdles to face as a result.

Last edited: