What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Unleased Announced

Clevo

Juniors
Good stuff furry... let me know when it's done.

The other "mystery team" team wouldn't be the BYE team would it? they have a jersey!!

[furrycat]

Coach
I'll clarify the sendoff/sinbins... They are NOT fully removed but the instance of them is toned down. Believe me, they RARELY happen. And the mystery team is not the bye... Much better than the bye (which I don't understand but that doesn't really matter now does it)

[furrycat]

Coach
The first post of this thread was a song and did not explain anything about what RL: Unleashed is.

lionmaul

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]RUGBY LEAGUE: UNLEASHED ANNOUNCED
January 3rd, 2004.

As I stated in a few previous posts, I've been in the process of creating a modification for the PC Version of 'Rugby League', whereas the Current working title is "Rugby League: Unleashed".
The main aim for this modification, is just to fix a few of the niggles and errors within the game. For example, there are a fair few player faces that look absolutely nothing a like their real counter-parts. This will be corrected for several players, if not, all noticeable defects. Player attribute are other part which will be edited accordingly, to again, relate to their real life counter-parts.
But of course, what kind of total conversion modification would that be if I only did those few things? It wouldn't really be "Unleashed" then would it... Well, here are a short list of what will be included, with of course, several details at this time being with-held:

- 2004 Team Rosters, and NRL Fixtures
All teams will be updated to their 2004 rosters. The NRL Competition will also be edited so it is the 2004 fixtures. At this time, this is pretty much completed.

- Re-modelling of player faces and attributes
Some players look and play nothing like they should. Hence, they have been edited and made to look like their real life counter-parts eg. Tahu isn't as pale anymore.

- Addition for some 2004 Jerseys and Logos
Only a few have been added at this time, and it is not known whether I will be adding every 2004 jersey as they become available. At this time that doesn't look viable, so I will probably just fix up the 2003 Jersey's.

- Addition of more Custom Strips, Logos, and Faces
Although there is a good selection so far, some may like to have a wider choice to use, including a few satirical ones ;) *looks at FI*

- Re-modelled User Interface
I thought the entire Game User Interface could use a bit of a facelift... Even though it does look fantastic, I wanted to try and make it a little more stylish.

- Fixed Stadium/Grass Textures and Crowd Errors
There has been a lot of attention brought to some of these things, so they will be fixed up accordingly.

- Possible Removal of Send-Offs and Sinbins
This feature is definately going to fiddled with to get going. So far I've been able to figure out a few triggers, but at this time, it has not yet been accomplished

- Cheerleaders that strip on the side of the field for you
Not really...

- "We can't give away all our secrets.."
There's a lot more being done, but I'm not going to reveal it all to you :p There will be a very satirical custom team which I'll give a little more information on as time passes.

THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE LIST OF FEATURES...

What I am looking for at the moment, are possible BETA testers, and maybe even a few who might want to contribute in any form to the production. If you are at the moment interested in being a BETA/QA Testers, or contributing to the MOD, please reply and indicate so in this thread somewhere.
Although I cannot fix the bugs in the game, I'll do the best I can to make it just that little bit better and try to get rid of Sinbins and Sendoffs. I'll post updates as they become available...

Is there any way of modifying the game so that the AI kicks on the last tackle each time or 90% of time?
Cheers and Salu

lionmaul

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]Yes but I have yet to find it :p

Man, if you can figure that out, you would increase the quality of the AI by 10 folds. It would make the game even more realistic.
Cheers and Salu

Esoj

Juniors
wow i go away for a week and look an attempt to mod the game is made also aussie1sts 2004 nrl tema patch must get that. Well done guys keep up the good work