What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Unleased Announced

[furrycat]

Coach
RUGBY LEAGUE: UNLEASHED ANNOUNCED
January 3rd, 2004.

As I stated in a few previous posts, I've been in the process of creating a modification for the PC Version of 'Rugby League', whereas the Current working title is "Rugby League: Unleashed".
The main aim for this modification, is just to fix a few of the niggles and errors within the game. For example, there are a fair few player faces that look absolutely nothing a like their real counter-parts. This will be corrected for several players, if not, all noticeable defects. Player attribute are other part which will be edited accordingly, to again, relate to their real life counter-parts.
But of course, what kind of total conversion modification would that be if I only did those few things? It wouldn't really be "Unleashed" then would it... Well, here are a short list of what will be included, with of course, several details at this time being with-held:

- 2004 Team Rosters, and NRL Fixtures
All teams will be updated to their 2004 rosters. The NRL Competition will also be edited so it is the 2004 fixtures. At this time, this is pretty much completed.

- Re-modelling of player faces and attributes
Some players look and play nothing like they should. Hence, they have been edited and made to look like their real life counter-parts eg. Tahu isn't as pale anymore.

- Addition for some 2004 Jerseys and Logos
Only a few have been added at this time, and it is not known whether I will be adding every 2004 jersey as they become available. At this time that doesn't look viable, so I will probably just fix up the 2003 Jersey's.

- Addition of more Custom Strips, Logos, and Faces
Although there is a good selection so far, some may like to have a wider choice to use, including a few satirical ones ;) *looks at FI*

- Re-modelled User Interface
I thought the entire Game User Interface could use a bit of a facelift... Even though it does look fantastic, I wanted to try and make it a little more stylish.

- Fixed Stadium/Grass Textures and Crowd Errors
There has been a lot of attention brought to some of these things, so they will be fixed up accordingly.

- Possible Removal of Send-Offs and Sinbins
This feature is definately going to fiddled with to get going. So far I've been able to figure out a few triggers, but at this time, it has not yet been accomplished

- Cheerleaders that strip on the side of the field for you
Not really...

- "We can't give away all our secrets.."
There's a lot more being done, but I'm not going to reveal it all to you :p There will be a very satirical custom team which I'll give a little more information on as time passes.

THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE LIST OF FEATURES...

What I am looking for at the moment, are possible BETA testers, and maybe even a few who might want to contribute in any form to the production. If you are at the moment interested in being a BETA/QA Testers, or contributing to the MOD, please reply and indicate so in this thread somewhere.
Although I cannot fix the bugs in the game, I'll do the best I can to make it just that little bit better and try to get rid of Sinbins and Sendoffs. I'll post updates as they become available...

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Hmmm sounds interersting. What do HES and Sidhe have to say about you modifying their program???
Doesnt worry my in the slightest coz it sounds like the PC version needs a serious upgrade. I play the PS2 version which although has its issues, isnt as buggy as the PC version.

One thing you can fix though while your at it, is allowing the player to score every time they cross the line. Being help up time and time again sucks majorly, and although it brings in a touch of reality to the game, it costs me game after game. I have never once been able to hold up the AI's players but they always seem to be able to do it to me.....even after I have pressed the TRY button....just a thought....

angelus

Juniors
Basically every game has Mods, I doubt they'd have a problem unless it was sold (which it wouldn't be)

angelus

Juniors
I never liked Mods, unless they're heavily tested. Most times the creators f**k up some part of the game. They add some good things, but screw up others.

just wondering, furrycat, if you download RL Unleased does it replace the 2003 teams with the 2004 ones so you can't use the original ones anymore?

dazza1976

Juniors
- Cheerleaders that strip on the side of the field for you
Not really...

[furrycat]

Coach
Unknown Pleasures said:
just wondering, furrycat, if you download RL Unleased does it replace the 2003 teams with the 2004 ones so you can't use the original ones anymore?

What I am going to do is edit a few other things, so that the .exe file will link to a separate folder of the game, without replacing the old one. If you wanted to go back to using the original, just replace the .exe file again.

[furrycat]

Coach
angelus said:
I never liked Mods, unless they're heavily tested. Most times the creators f**k up some part of the game. They add some good things, but screw up others.

That's why I'm tending to get a few to test it thorougly for me.

[furrycat]

Coach
CycloneSteve said:
Hmmm sounds interersting. What do HES and Sidhe have to say about you modifying their program???

I've modded for games before. I won't be selling it in any way and the fact is I am not actually hacking the source code.

Man I would be happy to beta test for you if you could be sure that it was virus free etc. How big would the file be?

[furrycat]

Coach
I've always ensured with game mods that they are virus free... The size? All I can say at the moment is ugh :p

[furrycat]

Coach
I've added ya to my msn... I've gotta go and play cricket in a few so if you're on later tonight i'll give you a few details more.

Goleel

Juniors
I'm more than willing to help out with testing and whatever I can do to help out, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Paullyboy

Coach
if you need another ill join in too mate.

problem is if the file is massive it'll take me a while to get because im on dial up, not broadband. But im still keen to help

Pierced Soul

First Grade
hOoray a mod/patch I too, well my bro and I will also be very happy to beta test it for ya. and dont worry we WILL tell you if theres a prob with it ;-)

p.s. just saw your post banishing the send offs/sin bins :lol:

now stop the penalities and forward passes!! :D

Latest posts