What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Week vs Big League

Which you prefer?

• RLW

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • BL

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

gUt

Coach
None really, it changes week to week. RLW is all huge headlines and pictures but they seem to get more interesting stories and opinions, BL is a little more in depth but can be pretty tedious seeing as the players are fairly predictable with their answers.

TheDalek079

Bench
never bought BL. like RLW so don't need to look at getting an alternative. although their constant use of Benji on the cover, and the Hayne is the greatest eel of all time articles do get tedious

RLW is more of a general mag whereas BL is good for when you are at a game as it gives you all the line ups etc.

I prefer RLW however.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I buy both every week. I prefer Big League for statistics and team lineups but RLW probably has the edge for controversy and opinion.

BM-dog

Juniors
Haven't bought RLW for ages but I used to get pissed off at the minimal articles about football, it was all puff pieces about players along the lines of "Player-You've-Barely-Heard-Of struggled to cope when his puppy/kitten/bunny died, but with the help of his mates he's got through it and is playing better than ever". Maybe it's changed since I last bought it, but my impression is that BL has much more content that is directly about games.

natheel

Coach
i use to get both every week but the articles in RLW are far superior to the ones in big league

Perth Red

Post Whore
RLW as its the only mag you can get in WA. Don't rate either of them that highly. Surprised by the lack of RL publications compared to other sports, even in UK where RL is arguably smaller they have 3 or 4 publications.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Rugby League Week was once a decent publication, far superior to Big League, but both are pieces of tripe these days as far as I'm concerned.

Eels Dude

Coach
RLW is better IMO, I like their ratings system and game breakdowns. Big League puts too much emphasis on the team listings, which frankly I can get in the paper or online just as easily.

Latest posts