What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League, What is the best improved gameplay mod? Mario

lionmaul

Juniors
I have not been on these forums for some time now, so I am a little out of it. Sure I have checked back every now and then to see if MARIO, has made an update about League 2 :) . There are quite a few new mods, which do you all consider the most realistic gameplay enhancement? Has anyone been able to improve the kicking? Bombs, grubber, a quicker release? Mario, if there were to be a league 2, does JUMPING have a strong chance of being one of the new features? Come on now Mario you know you want to tell us. :lol: Good to be back
Cheers and Salu

Mario

Juniors
lionmaul said:
I have not been on these forums for some time now, so I am a little out of it. Sure I have checked back every now and then to see if MARIO, has made an update about League 2 :) . There are quite a few new mods, which do you all consider the most realistic gameplay enhancement? Has anyone been able to improve the kicking? Bombs, grubber, a quicker release?

Gol's mod was probably the most landmark, as it has formed the foundation of other mods and is one of the most popular as far as I can tell.

From a competition/jersey standpoint, Inertia666's patch International Edition is recognised as the most superior mod out there.

As far as I am aware, no one has altered the kicking game (pretty much that whole aspect of the game is hardwired).

Mario, if there were to be a league 2, does JUMPING have a strong chance of being one of the new features? Come on now Mario you know you want to tell us. :lol:

Gone for months, and I knew the first thing you would ask about is jumping :)

I couldn't speculate whether jumping has a strong chance of getting in at this stage (we haven't even confirmed a sequel yet!), but it is on a long list of suggestions being considered for implementation in a possible sequel.

bulldog

Bench
Why do you want to jump so badly for, surely it's not really a significant aspect of the game? Short of taking high kicks it never really happens.

Go buy AFL if you wan't to jump around like a goose.

-JJ-

Juniors
A jump button would be good, I've played AFL 2003 and because all you're doing is jumping and kicking it's not that fun. However if it was put into a rugby/league game it would fun as at the moment all you do is run to the spot and hope that you collect it. Having a jump button would make you feel satisfied when you come down with the ball and score the try.

lionmaul

Juniors
bulldog said:
Why do you want to jump so badly for, surely it's not really a significant aspect of the game? Short of taking high kicks it never really happens.

Go buy AFL if you wan't to jump around like a goose.

Next time you watch a league game go on and count how many times, they jump and or dive for the ball, YOU WILL LOSE COUNT. It is not a main part of the game but it is somthing that is needed to make the game more realistic, bombs have no real feel to them unless you can jump for them. How many times have you seen a player dive on a grubber, for a try? Too many Huh. Bulldog quote:''Short of taking high kicks it never really happens.'' And high kicks rarely happen huh???????
So please go back and reconsider your clueless response. And actually kangaroos jump more then goose. :) If all else fails please look at the opening sequence of the game, then you may see the light.

umosay

Juniors
rugby league needs jumping, its essential! and kicking to wingers needs to be tweaked to work, it would look mighty cool

bulldog

Bench
What I am saying is, there are far more important things in the game than jumping, a dive is not a jump, and jumping for the high ball is generally only attempted by one of 3 guys (wingers and fullback), so what I am saying is jumping is insignificant, not something the team should focus thier energies on, and not something I will concern myself with in the next game, fix the passing and other massive problems first, then worry about cosmetic things like a jumping animation. :roll:

Jono078

Referee
I was thinking when tackle 5 comes along you would have 4 option as it will always go to your first receiver and you press one of the shoulder buttons to set up the play then you just have to execute it at the right time.

bulldog

Bench
umosay said:
rugby league needs jumping, its essential! and kicking to wingers needs to be tweaked to work, it would look mighty cool

Already works great, practice man practice.

doovepop

Juniors
i never kicked to the wing because it is to hard
maybe if there was jumping then there would be a point to kick to the wing

inertia666

Juniors
just to clarify about IE 1.0 and IE 2.0. both patches have complete team and player updates for 2004 and 2005 respectively. IE 1.0 supports 2004 NRL/ESL teams and stats while 2.0 attemps NRL 2005 and some kind of ESL 2005 update also as well as international players. it's not just a jersey/competition patch :mrgreen:

also, IE 2.0 doesn't overwrite any custom data except for the custom comp file (which you are free to disregard). So all your custom players , teams and kits should be retained.

Everything from competitions , logos, jersies, teams and players have been added to the game and don't replace anything.

Red Bear

Referee
i mighta f**ked up my IE 2 then when i put my own custom shit in. Wouldnt effect teams or players but ma have severely rooted all the custom comps. However it is easily fixed :)
Use IE 2, its friggen great from my brief goes(i'll get into it more in the season, playing cricket 04 at the moment :) )

lionmaul

Juniors
Mario said:
lionmaul said:
I have not been on these forums for some time now, so I am a little out of it. Sure I have checked back every now and then to see if MARIO, has made an update about League 2 :) . There are quite a few new mods, which do you all consider the most realistic gameplay enhancement? Has anyone been able to improve the kicking? Bombs, grubber, a quicker release?

Gol's mod was probably the most landmark, as it has formed the foundation of other mods and is one of the most popular as far as I can tell.

From a competition/jersey standpoint, Inertia666's patch International Edition is recognised as the most superior mod out there.

As far as I am aware, no one has altered the kicking game (pretty much that whole aspect of the game is hardwired).

Mario, if there were to be a league 2, does JUMPING have a strong chance of being one of the new features? Come on now Mario you know you want to tell us. :lol:

Gone for months, and I knew the first thing you would ask about is jumping :)

I couldn't speculate whether jumping has a strong chance of getting in at this stage (we haven't even confirmed a sequel yet!), but it is on a long list of suggestions being considered for implementation in a possible sequel.

Mario if you want I will free of payment, although you would have to fly me out from the states, come in and you can hook me up with those ping pong balls and you can motion capture me jumping around like a lunitic, and you will have your jumping for a probable sequal. Although I have to warn you I don't have much of a vertical leap. :)

Latest posts