What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Rugby Rugby League

How do you rate the song Rugby, rugby , rugby league as sung on the Sunday Roast?

• National disgrace

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Fantastic RL anthem

Votes: 45 65.2%

• Total voters

Gibbo

Juniors
Ok, enough doom and gloom

Simple question; Is the rugby, rugby, rugby league song they've been using on The Sunday Roast a national embarressment or the best rl song since "simply the Best'?

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
It has no glamour factor. Simply the best was a lot better. We need someone like Beyonce or Robbie Williams. A real star.

Coaster

Bench
Not in its current form, but i think the song has merit.

I didnt first time i heard it, but my view is changing lol

Apey

Staff member
Lol it's awesome :lol:

I'd laugh if it somehow became the anthem.

alexc

It was stuck in my head all day. Pretty funny. I say bring it on.

anyone got a link to the song online. Quick youtube search came up with nothing.

Gibbo

Juniors
Absolutely hate it, but found myself singing it in my head all day.

Get it in there.

Yeah, that's the effect it had on me too

i.e.

Whilst driving- "Waiting waiting at the lights, waiting waiting at the lights..."

During Arvo game-"Broncos kicking raiders arse, broncos kicking raiders arse..."

It works for everythimg!

beave

Coach
I don't know why the NRL don't try and get the rights to Foo Fighters "My Hero", great song, chorus is apt.......great band who would probably be all for it's use in a sport.........

And for the record, that rugby rugby rugby league song is woeful.

Once Dead

Bench
I don't know why the NRL don't try and get the rights to Foo Fighters "My Hero", great song, chorus is apt.......great band who would probably be all for it's use in a sport.........

And for the record, that rugby rugby rugby league song is woeful.

A whole bunch of songs could be appropriate but the royalties would be the deciding factor in using them.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm impartial.

If they use it they have to re-record it. When i've heard it... It sounds like they're singing "Rugby Rugby Rugby lg"

The 'league' in the chorus sounds so forced and squeezed in, it sounds like they're singing "Rugby... Rugby... Rugby... and then throw in a quick 'league' at the end. I thought it was a rugby song the first time I heard it.

Also words need to be clearer. It would go alright as a league theme, it's catchy, but it doesn't have the impact of a Simply the Best, or That's my Team. It could work, but seems a bit too casual and hardly inspiring.

beave

Coach
A whole bunch of songs could be appropriate but the royalties would be the deciding factor in using them.

Totally agreed, Grohl seems decent enough, though the label might have the final say in regards to royalties and not him, I still think they need something like that and not that $hit song they have been playing on the Roast.

Monk

Referee
if there was a poll option for 50/50 id tick that.

if they could do a league parody for Eiffel 65's "im Blue" that would work.

Gibbo

Juniors
I'm impartial.

If they use it they have to re-record it. When i've heard it... It sounds like they're singing "Rugby Rugby Rugby lg"

The 'league' in the chorus sounds so forced and squeezed in, it sounds like they're singing "Rugby... Rugby... Rugby... and then throw in a quick 'league' at the end. I thought it was a rugby song the first time I heard it.

Also words need to be clearer. It would go alright as a league theme, it's catchy, but it doesn't have the impact of a Simply the Best, or That's my Team. It could work, but seems a bit too casual and hardly inspiring.

Agreed the recording is shocking-still don't know what the words before the chorus are-but its definantly a rl song

t-ba

Post Whore
It's brilliant. Either that or 'smack my bitch up' for next nrl theme song.