What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union crowds

cleary89

Coach
Very poor crowd at canberra for the brumbies super rugby QF.

Not bad for union tho

Cn9YGekVMAAL-ek.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
6pm Friday kick off, pouring with rain and 90 km/hr winds.

I'm surprised anyone showed up.

Saint Doc

Coach
Despite the weather and timeslot, can you imagine the wrist slashing in here if we got the crowd the Brumbies got for their semi final tonight.

18to87

First Grade
I live in Canberra and couldn't care less about the Brumbies but the weather from 2-11ish yesterday was just stupid. Credit to anyone that left their home.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
That's pretty bad even for the Brumbies. I know how bad it gets there it's why I live down the coast now haha. The Brumbies and Raiders can't get a new stadium soon enough. Some people might look at the news and see a number and go brrrrrr, oh it's a cold 2c this evening in Canberra. Yeah it is aye, but how about that wind chill from the snowies eh? -6 -7 -8 -9 fair dinkum.

When the Raiders were in their pomp back in the late 80's early 90's, to get used to the freezing conditions of Canberra, they use to do a hellava lot of training in Goulburn and surrounds (Crookwell - Yass) as the place has no protection from the wind. I could imagine it being just like some of those in New Zealand way down on the South Island copping that arctic blast all day every day non bloody stop. Naa you can have that, but Canberra needs a decent indoor stadium.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hurricanes sold out the Cake Tin in three minutes for the final. Gotta think they could've filled a stadium twice the size of they had one.

bnie7349

Juniors
65,328 at ANZ last night. The Rugby Union Journo for the DT reckons thats 10k less than it should have been.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
65,328 at ANZ last night. The Rugby Union Journo for the DT reckons thats 10k less than it should have been.

Can't really blame fans for not lining up for it, they were expecting a flogging and got one. I suspect the majority of that 65K were kiwis.

Latest posts