What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

JJ

Immortal
Would be interesting

if RTS is quickly what he was, good as CNK has been there’s no debate about who’s the better 1

I don’t expect that quickly though, maybe not ever

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Would be interesting

if RTS is quickly what he was, good as CNK has been there’s no debate about who’s the better 1

I don’t expect that quickly though, maybe not ever
Peak RTS is the best #1 for sure, but it might be the case that we get the best sum of their talents with CNK at #1 and Roger at anywhere from 2-5. A backline including CNK, RTS, Montoya and DWZ is starting to look pretty stacked.

Reactions: JJ

TheDMC

Bench
It's a bit weird the story about RTS returning early. Zero legs to it in any of the media coverage - ie no sources or anything except Vossy pointing out RTS has no more rugby union this year and should return early to the NRL. Maybe he knows more than what he is 'hoping' happens.

Leber

Bench
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think RTS will be a dud.

Dude cant even get a gig playing kick and clap for the blues. Doesn't say alot about his form

Benek

Juniors
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think RTS will be a dud.

Dude cant even get a gig playing kick and clap for the blues. Doesn't say alot about his form
I thought that as well. Is he really down on form or injured or what?

I’d re-sign Pompey, let Viliame go, and Vailea as well if Berry and Leiataua deliver.
Yep I'd agree with this. I'd keep Pompey, Leiataua and Berry.

Vailea is on contract until 2025 unfortunately. (I feel we signed this prematurely despite his good talent)

Viliame is skilful but his age and lack of game fitness for 1st grade is counting against him.

It looks like the club is opting for Vailea, Berry, Leiataua and of course Montoya and RTS.

Pompey will head off to the Knights or another NRL side.

Viliame can hang around for opportunities if he wants to or has not other options to head off too.

Man our squad is good quality.

TheDMC

Bench
Yep, that all makes sense. Who do you reckon we ditch or keep out of the three mentioned next year? I’d re-sign Pompey, let Viliame go, and Vailea as well if Berry and Leiataua deliver.
Tough one, I haven't seen enough of Viliame and Valiea to know, Berry I had hopes on last year but he faded, though he has looked pretty good in the 1.5 games he has played recently. Pompey le Plod seems to have improved quite a bit. None of them are Jamie Lyons though are they.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Warriors did approach the NRL to get his notional value, the Matt Lodge debacle probably costing them the chance there

Justin Morgan on the radio last night was asked about the rumour of him potentially playing the year out with the Roosters. Fanciful, but he said they’ve already played them twice so at least wouldn’t have to aim up against him

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I wouldn't hate it if he went to the chooks for the year. Let them prepare him for us next year.

Better that then the tigers or dragons or something