What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumored new CEO

With Cullen only here to steady the ship, article stating potential new CEO he is sharks fan Stuart Clark details and link below

Gow puts his hand up for Sharks, but only as an adviser

PETER Gow is making some noises about getting involved at the crisis-torn Cronulla Sharks again.

He is Elle Macpherson's dad and the former chairman who was famously sacked for cutting up a

St George fan's jersey in the Sharks' King Wan restaurant.

"There can be no doubt the coach and his staff should not have been made scapegoats," Gow told me.

"The only way forward is for the existing board to resign and pledge not to stand for re-election."

Gow doesn't want his old job back.

He's moved on from those days and is too relaxed in retirement.

"I am 100 per cent for the Sharks and don't aspire to political ambitions but feel something must be done," he said.

"This real need is to invite genuinely talented, well connected people to join the board. You don't ask them to contest an election. People like James Packer and David Gyngell don't contest elections, nor should they."

Gow is happy to act in an advisory role. He is still a popular figure in the Shire and hugely influential among the members.

The other man being spoken about over the weekend is former Australian cricketer Stuart Clark.

He did a wonderful job as chief executive of the Sydney sixers and is regarded as one of the brightest young sporting administrators in the country.

Clark is a Shire boy and a lifelong Sharks supporter.

He would make an ideal member of the board, or better still, a chief executive.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/stickys-eels-a-real-deal/story-fn7r8vs2-1226594361358

millersnose

Post Whore
I think it's safe to say the "fan" leadership,as appealing as that sounds to a fan base, will never happen again at a major sporting club

The glaring absence of professionalism and leadership in the interest of the sharks club surely is now beyond dispute and experienced hard nose administrators are the only answer

Frenzy.

Immortal
No to S Clark. For what millers said and because despite the good job at the sixers they weren't the basket case the Sharks are. I doubt he's got enough crisis experience for the job. I am also dubious as to how his name was brought up.

carcharias

Immortal
This bloke needs a gig.

im-alan-patridge-logo.jpg

webShark

I think it's safe to say the "fan" leadership,as appealing as that sounds to a fan base, will never happen again at a major sporting club

The glaring absence of professionalism and leadership in the interest of the sharks club surely is now beyond dispute and experienced hard nose administrators are the only answer

May be true but a shame.i like seeing Rusty involved at Souths. We are the exception. A top shelf basket case. Tell me anyone never mind Stuart Clark who has overseen a debacle like this.

millersnose

Post Whore
Thousands of companies have to deal with legal threats and finance shortfalls

Such events are par for the course for management of large companies

f**k me crocodile Dundee told the ato to f**k off and beat them

Hoges for CEO

Quigs

Immortal
Riddle me this... as I am not into corporate sponsorship.

If I wanted to get some value for money .. i.e. out there in the press I think I would jump at sponsoring the sharks.

After seeing that crowd on Sunday and the support.

I think it would be a wise move.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Yes it would be a good opportunity Quigs, unless the Sharks went down because of drugs and your company was openly associated with them. Not so good then I'd reckon. So it's probably a high risk opportunity, and not one that a bigger company would be willing to take.

Frenzy.

Immortal
How about one our own. Greg Pierce chucked his hat in the ring 3 years ago.

Here's why not.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

We need more than just personnel changes and we need to be better than an old boys club.

Attitude changes, cultural changes and changes in the level of professionalism are required.

Quigs

Immortal
Here's why not.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

We need more than just personnel changes and we need to be better than an old boys club.

Attitude changes, cultural changes and changes in the level of professionalism are required.

And we definately need a massive lift in the standard of contributors to raise the level of the sharks forum.

I have a sneaky suspicion Quigs want this club relocated to Brisbane.

Loves the donkeys and the Sharks. Gets best of both worlds.

Well Quigs?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Maybe CEO is just the terminology being used.

What if Cullen is really in as an administrator? To wind the company up.

The expansion teams will be like seagulls over a chip right now.

I couldn't see the NRL rescuing the club for more than a year. Just to see their own dcommitments through.

^ SPECULATIVE

Gowerz

Juniors
Maybe CEO is just the terminology being used.

What if Cullen is really in as an administrator? To wind the company up.

The expansion teams will be like seagulls over a chip right now.

I couldn't see the NRL rescuing the club for more than a year. Just to see their own dcommitments through.

^ SPECULATIVE

Frenzy, I disagree the sentiments on relocation, I can't see that happening when the current NSW sports minister is the Member for Miranda.

Latest posts