What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Mill: Benji the Dragon?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw on Sunrise (I know, pretty sh*tty source, thus why I titled the thread "Rumour Mill") that the Dragons were chasing Karmichael Hunt, Darren Lockyer and Benji Marshall

Now obviously they are only seeking one of those 3 players, as it'd be virtually impossible to have all three and their current mob of players all fit under the salary cap.

It looks as though they are plans for 2010. We should have stitched up Benji before the other clubs started sniffing.

Every sniff pushes Benji's price up. The further it goes up, the further we are away from resigning him.

Does anyone know if any contract talks have been started between us and Benji?

Moreso, anyone heard anything else about this rumour about the Dragons looking to sign Benji?

SCOB

Juniors
The morning rag in Brisbane saying the same thing.

makes you wonder if Benny had a word to Benji when he was co training the KIWI's

The Rosco

Bench
I also wouldn't worry too much about Sunrise. Or anything you hear on it.
They seem to have the full range of Australian morning newspapers spread out on a coffee table. I'd safely guess that they were just parroting something they read in the QLD paper.

GOD . . .anyone but SAINTS !!! :roll:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Ambit claim by Saints- no doubt Benji's manager is rubbing his hands in glee!!!!!!!!!

I dont mind if Benji goes, we have got Farah to stay and Farah is much more important to WT than Benji. I think Benji will be asking top dollar and there are too many question marks over his performance and mental toughness for WT to take the chance on a new contract without seeing the performance on the field. If someone else wants to, then go ahead.

Anyway, his manager said Benji is in no hurry- good let him wait.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
We would love Hunt but Benji no, he belongs to the tigers + the asking price is a no no with bennett

Parra Future

Juniors
It was in one of the Sunday papers that Lockyer has said no to joining the Dragons. He was approached with an offer but wants to stay with the Broncos until he retires. So that means they will have to go after Hunt or Marshall. Marshall has also said before that he does not wish to play against the Tigers. He will probably sign with Wests Tigers or go and play Union overseas. I don't reckon the Dragons or any other NRL team bar the Tigers will get him.

So maybe the Dragons should put all their focus on Hunt.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I reckon Hunt will jump ship for next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the Titans to be honest, they seem to have the dollars floating around (given the offer they tabled for Farah)

Changa

Juniors
IMO Bennett's first priority is with securing Hunt and has stated he sees him as a future captain. Hunts decision will hinge on Lockyers future as one of the 2 will be squeezed out of Red Hill at the end of 09'. Marshall probably enjoyed playing under Wayne but I dont think it will sway him enough to come to saints. It will either be the Tigers or o/s for Marshall and judging by the amount of loyalty Gaz, SBW etc have shown, the $$$ tend to win the wars.

Latest posts