What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
So just now on ch9 news, they had a story about hayne and the roosters ... yeah yeah blah blah .... but the bit that caught my attention was them saying, "Parramatta have made Jennings a massive $800k offer" ... pfffft as if

Kornstar

Coach
So just now on ch9 news, they had a story about hayne and the roosters ... yeah yeah blah blah .... but the bit that caught my attention was them saying, "Parramatta have made Jennings a massive $800k offer" ... pfffft as if

Yeah, we have salary cap drama but we can afford 800k for Jennings.

Noise

Coach

Could be over the term of the contract (ie 2 years)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Yeah but they probably didn't mention it could be over two years with Roosters chipping in.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hayne is sneakliy helping us pants the Rorters.

He pretends he is coming to join them in 2017, we offer to take Jennings, but only if they pay freight and we get him NOW. Hayne waltzes back to us in 2017 for the long serving players allowance and a marquee sponsorship.

Meanwhile Politis has been paying Hayne through 2016 a private sponsorship 'irrelevant' to which NRL club he plays for (ie, cap free). He tears it up in rage when Hayne signs for us, and Hayne takes him to court for the 2017 and 18 amounts. Bill Moss funds his court action, and the SC proves Politis intent was to pay Hayne to play for the Chooks, so their cap is affected accordingly with Hayne still receiving the dough.

Smooth.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore

Parra know Hayne will never return to the club so it's pointless saving money for him

he'd rather sign for any other club for $2 than ever return to Parra

Parra know Hayne will never return to the club so it's pointless saving money for him

We can't compete with other teams that can attract TPA's our management don't have a clue how to get em.

Hayne will be the NFL next year anyway, he's had a taste and you can tell he wants more. He won't be coming back to the NRL any time soon

Delboy

First Grade

El D , you hve been reading the other site which is led by Mr Spags acolyte , JH was paid all his dues regards to TPAs when he left. I Know Sharp approached a couple of these guys who came to the party to ensure he was not out of pocket due to the promises made by those people

The couple I know, have said they will up their support if it is needed to get JH back

As I said before, the issue that the NRL has to confront is if ,for instance, a major sponsor moves off that position and then just uses the amount (say 1 million) across the club for TPAs. So a sponsor could dissolve his $1 million sponsorship, the club replaces with say a $750k sponsorship deal, but actually gets a massive leg up as their salary cap position is increased dramatically. So a multi-millionaire supporter with access to other businesses who possibly can be used to channel TPAs. That's how a club with limited supporters and juniors can stay ultra competitive.

strider

Post Whore
Could be over the term of the contract (ie 2 years)

Yeah but they probably didn't mention it could be over two years with Roosters chipping in.

For 2 years?

That makes more sense, maybe 300k this year and 500k next???

Well their point of mentioning it in the hayne story was that it would mean we dont have the money to afford hayne on his return to nrl cos it will be chewed up by jennings

Tbh i call shenanigans ... it was just mumbo jumbo to support a silly story

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
El D , you hve been reading the other site which is led by Mr Spags acolyte , JH was paid all his dues regards to TPAs when he left. I Know Sharp approached a couple of these guys who came to the party to ensure he was not out of pocket due to the promises made by those people

The couple I know, have said they will up their support if it is needed to get JH back

As I said before, the issue that the NRL has to confront is if ,for instance, a major sponsor moves off that position and then just uses the amount (say 1 million) across the club for TPAs. So a sponsor could dissolve his $1 million sponsorship, the club replaces with say a $750k sponsorship deal, but actually gets a massive leg up as their salary cap position is increased dramatically. So a multi-millionaire supporter with access to other businesses who possibly can be used to channel TPAs. That's how a club with limited supporters and juniors can stay ultra competitive.

I think El has been taking the piss

El Diablo

Post Whore

i never visit TheFilthySpammers and have nothing but contempt for Spags

Status
Not open for further replies.