What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings and Crap IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

eels81236

Bench
Pretty much. By the way my first post on this page wasn't specifically in reference to yourself but a combination of the previous 5 or 6 posts and I never said you insulted me that was just sarcasm in relation to your mention of 'saying thanks'. Peace man.

It's all good, Brother Love.

What do you think of our recruitment and retention for 2012 and more importantly, why?

Eels Dude

Coach
It's all good, Brother Love.

What do you think of our recruitment and retention for 2012 and more importantly, why?

I think it's solid but overhyped. On paper our 2010 recruitment drive was better but those signings didn't live up to expectation but you couldn't predict that at the time. Sandow and Willie T are great signings if they live up to potential but they are risky signings in the fact too much expectation is being put upon them. The rest of our signings and retentions could go either way.

lingard

Coach
stagger is jason seage the guy who left our club when playing jnrs to go to 7's rugby ?
if so is he in the 20's in 2012 , n i presume he plays in the halves ?

Is he any relation to the Seage who played fullback for Newcastle and looked like he`d be a superstar, but had a wretched run with injuries?

MrT

Juniors
Mick Lett ---resigned by Bulldogs...Missed a golden opportunity there boys....

“It's great to have Letty, Luke and James on deck ahead of pre-season,” Bulldogs head coach Jim Dymock said. “Letty has got a heap of pace and he can certainly sniff out a try, blokes like him are hard to find.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22130

lol and you know why he's hard to find?
because he's not in 1st grade

boxhead

First Grade
Ken Crapper - the real one - says that apparently Poore may be off to the Sharks - but we will sign Jeremy Smith as part of the deal. It would also free up some space under the cap apparently.
Frankly...if this is true, I would feel happy with the outcome. Smith is a fantastic player and would be the hard-hitting powerful runner we have been cosmogony - :lol: where does cosmogony come from when I type in clamoring for? :lol: - for, also remembering his high work-rate. Him, Maitua, Hindmarsh, Smith, Horo and Lasalo would give us plenty of options - and headaches.
I can understand why some might be irked by this though. We have plenty of props, and sacrificing a quality prop for a quality second rower when we have such a strong front row may seem odd. I guess Johnny Mannah's arrival would alleviate this, and our second row is weaker than our front row....
8. Mannah
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Reni Maitua
15. Mitchell Allgood
16. Ben Smith/Justin Horo/Taniela Lasalo
17. John Mannah/Shane Shackleton

We could even use Maitua as the bench utility and move Smith into the starting second row and either move Horo/Lasalo or another prop onto the bench.

Gronk

Staff member
Ken Crapper - the real one - says that apparently Poore may be off to the Sharks - but we will sign Jeremy Smith as part of the deal. It would also free up some space under the cap apparently.
Frankly...if this is true, I would feel happy with the outcome. Smith is a fantastic player and would be the hard-hitting powerful runner we have been cosmogony - :lol: where does cosmogony come from when I type in clamoring for? :lol: - for, also remembering his high work-rate. Him, Maitua, Hindmarsh, Smith, Horo and Lasalo would give us plenty of options - and headaches.
I can understand why some might be irked by this though. We have plenty of props, and sacrificing a quality prop for a quality second rower when we have such a strong front row may seem odd. I guess Johnny Mannah's arrival would alleviate this, and our second row is weaker than our front row....
8. Mannah
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Reni Maitua
15. Mitchell Allgood
16. Ben Smith/Justin Horo/Taniela Lasalo
17. John Mannah/Shane Shackleton

We could even use Maitua as the bench utility and move Smith into the starting second row and either move Horo/Lasalo or another prop onto the bench.

Did Mr Crapper ever reveal who the gun player who got cold feet was ? :roll:

As someone said, you throw enough darts and you're bound to hit something eventually.

Anyways, Poore for Smith with cash in the bank is a crazy good swap.

Lock it in Eddie.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd say Ken Crapper is full of s**t both literally and metaphorically.

We do need a backrower with some mongrel though.

Status
Not open for further replies.