What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings and Crap IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
Our ability to attracted and retain talent under sk is lightyears ahead of pervious years. Not long till we are strong through all the grades at Parra again!

Our ability to attract and retain non-talent has also improved under Stephen Kearney. Can't wait to see Tautai back here, and Joseph Paulo... Then there's the retention of exciting players like Morgan and Lasalo :sarcasm:

caylo

Bench
Our ability to attract and retain non-talent has also improved under Stephen Kearney. Can't wait to see Tautai back here, and Joseph Paulo... Then there's the retention of exciting players like Morgan and Lasalo :sarcasm:

That is true but the difference between top and middle squads is the quality of their low tier players. Tautai is reported to be on about 55K and that is a very good buy if you ask me, the guy can cover many positions and good enough with quality around him. Lasalo, Morgan, Horo and Shak are great back up players considering at full strength they will struggle to make the first 17.

mickdo

Coach
That is true but the difference between top and middle squads is the quality of their low tier players. Tautai is reported to be on about 55K and that is a very good buy if you ask me, the guy can cover many positions and good enough with quality around him. Lasalo, Morgan, Horo and Shak are great back up players considering at full strength they will struggle to make the first 17.

Yes but apparently they should all be superstars :sarcasm:

Pazza

First Grade

Would you be happier paying mega bucks for union converts?

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Pretty much. There are a few people on the other site who think Sandow, Willie Tonga and so on are all garbage buys :lol:
Cue Eels Dude "they are entitled to their opinion"
;-) Haha :D

jk13

First Grade
It's definitely gonna b an interesting yr. It's great to hav a constant x factor in Hayne. It's just up to the rest to gel.

Phantomlock

Juniors
Our ability to attracted and retain talent under sk is lightyears ahead of pervious years. Not long till we are strong through all the grades at Parra again!

In terms of player retention he's taken a strategic view of the club and is already building on a pretty good dvpt programme throughout the grades. Getting Peter Nolan to help manage recruitment from the Broncos is proving to be a good move too.

PL

Bazal

Post Whore

I'm constantly amused at how many people lack any grasp of the concept of signing players cheap for depth, or on their youth and potential...

Delboy

First Grade
I'm constantly amused at EDs posts, only because generally they make as much sense as some of mine (none). According to his logic, why did we sign Fui ( Souths reject), etc, then complain about how bad we are going in lower grades. Oh, and how we had to play nuffies in the centres last year, if you dont recruit for depth, you get what we got.

I think overall we appear to be heading in the right direction, and somehow looks like we have a plan ( that hasn't happened since BS left)

Oh well

eels81236

Bench
I'm constantly amused at EDs posts, only because generally they make as much sense as some of mine (none). According to his logic, why did we sign Fui ( Souths reject), etc, then complain about how bad we are going in lower grades. Oh, and how we had to play nuffies in the centres last year, if you dont recruit for depth, you get what we got.

I think overall we appear to be heading in the right direction, and somehow looks like we have a plan ( that hasn't happened since BS left)

Oh well

I'm sure that Pou Pou and ED will have a three page discussion about it. Pou Pou will edumacate him.

Eels Dude

Coach
I just stir the pot. If people like myself and Poupou etc weren't here in the off season we'd have nothing to debate or talk about.

Eels Dude

Coach
I wouldn't think that insult is the right word. More an observation.
Anyway, I'm over it. Are you?

Pretty much. By the way my first post on this page wasn't specifically in reference to yourself but a combination of the previous 5 or 6 posts and I never said you insulted me that was just sarcasm in relation to your mention of 'saying thanks'. Peace man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts