What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
And allegedly Horo was on $220k.

And actually, now that I think of it, there's the issue of the money we paid Papali as a "signing bonus" (which he won't give back!) - which would be counted against this years cap I suppose. Probably also the pommies "transfer fee" might count against this year also.

So maybe we could have been half a million under or so?

Are u serious Papalli isn't paying back the sign on bonus? If true, biggest dog ever and a thief.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Are u serious Papalli isn't paying back the sign on bonus? If true, biggest dog ever and a thief.

Dunno if he paid it back or not? Last I heard he hadn't. But he isn't a thief - he signed the contract. The Raiders just exercised the clause that made the contract transfer to them instead of us.

So he did nothing wrong per se.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I believe we are subsidising a million bucks of Papalii's salary over the next three years.

That will really hurt our salary cap.

emjaycee

Coach
Dunno if he paid it back or not? Last I heard he hadn't. But he isn't a thief - he signed the contract. The Raiders just exercised the clause that made the contract transfer to them instead of us.

Morally he is a thief if he kept our money and we are the biggest suckers if we signed such an agreement.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

He signed with us and took the sign on bonus in the full knowledge that he had no intention of playing here next season. Dog in every sense of the word. Was keen to play for the Kiwi's as well until origin payments went up. No morals whatsoever. Typical of the Canberra club.

Gronk

Staff member
Let it go ffs.

Never !
evillaugh.gif
haha.gif
haha.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A drop in the ocean compared to the damage caused by Kearney to the club. Hmm ? :-k

Yeah it's f**ked that we finally have some young guys to bring into the fulltime squad. Fancy finally having the room to spend some decent coin on first graders.

#'academy'

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
While the academy thing might be true, so is the signing of useless vets to massive deals....

If you're talking about Moimoi and Smith, I reckon that call was made by the board or the CEO.

If you mean Maitua and Tonga, I'd say it's just bad luck. Tonga was f**ked by injury and who knows what's wrong with Maitua. His intermittent strong games show he still has ability.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm giving Tonga a pass mark.

More concerned with Smith, Maitua, Ryan, Harrison etc.

Guys who aren't "young rookies"

Seems a touch convenient to place the blame on the board for those doesn't it? It's the kind of factless argument bartman would put forward... :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm giving Tonga a pass mark.

More concerned with Smith, Maitua, Ryan, Harrison etc.

Guys who aren't "young rookies"

Seems a touch convenient to place the blame on the board for those doesn't it? It's the kind of factless argument bartman would put forward... :lol:

Smith and Moimoi were re-signed very late. Long after Kearney was a shot duck.

Ryan and Harrison were more like Kearney signings, and occurred in the right time frame to be his. But are they really that bad? Both tough toilers with plenty of football left in them. The good games they have had in first grade show they're up to it. They are quality backups at least.

Utey

Coach
Maitua to confirm his future in 2-3 days according to the Telegraph blog. Looks like he's off to the Dogs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maitua to confirm his future in 2-3 days according to the Telegraph blog. Looks like he's off to the Dogs.
Gee he's a media tart, all the talk about the bloke and this season he has delivered very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts