What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Peter Tunks and Graeme Hughes deserve better, said nobody ever.

Their 43 listeners must be pissed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
With all the bashing we have had in the last week I wouldn't give them the time of day, just issue MRs when we have something to say.

We don't owe the media anything. We've already made them enough money.

With all the bashing we have had in the last week I wouldn't give them the time of day, just issue MRs when we have something to say.

We don't owe the media anything. We've already made them enough money.

This is the type PR we don't need. Hope it's not the attitude of the current management! Just not professional.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Front foot? Be belittled by Hughes and Tunks and made to feel like a 5 year old when you know you can't give any real answers.

While I agree that it isn't a great look for all the simpletons who can't string 2 sentences together who have an opinion how terrible our club is, I still don't think there is any benefit to hear from him until we know one way or another whether he is coming or not.

If we lose him then he will know he is alive because he will officially be the laughing stock of the league and it will more than likely be the end of him.

You didn't mention that he agreed to come on the show.

He then gave them his word that he would do it either Monday or Tuesday.

Should of said no rather than say Yes I will do it.

Thanks Jodeci, that was going to be my next point and you covered that well

Gazzamatta

Coach

He was obviously confident Foran would make a decision by today. I listen to the show regularly and trust me, Sharp was to be attacked. They ridiculed both he and Sterlo for not discussing the questikns they felt should be asked on Sterlos show. Sharp was on a hiding to nothing.
The person who should be fronting the media is the new CEO not Sharp.

I listen to the show regularly and trust me, Sharp was to be attacked. They ridiculed both he and Sterlo for not discussing the questikns they felt should be asked on Sterlos show. Sharp was on a hiding to nothing.

if all they want to do is put shit on our club then blackban the merkins and tell the players & staff not to talk to them

Kornstar

Coach
I can understand why he doesn't feel he is equipped for a battle of wits with Peter trunks.

I just can't understand how he is chairman of our club.

If this week has taught us anything it is that I think you are right.

He certainly just should have told them to eat shit and he wouldn't come on their show to be treated like a child.

Thanks Jodeci, that was going to be my next point and you covered that well

He certainly seems to lack leadership. While I think the media have been a joke over the last week and the witch hunt on our club has been pathetic, I cannot understand how invisible we have been at that level.

The coach has stood up and has shown great leadership, he is the right man to take this team forward.......our chairman on the other hand I don't think is the leader we need, but I guess maybe the one we deserve.

What is this PR that you speak of ?

It's not about owing the media anything but you have to
Be on side with them. Getting our message out there instead of The one way negative press that we are getting. Our unprofessional management have been like a dear in headlights, they look and act amateurish not knowing what to do or say. Do they have any contacts in the media at all? Staying quiet and not communicating is showing a lack Of Leadership tbh.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought his performance with sterlo was satisfactory at best and that was it... But unlike Lyle Gorman he hadn't seem to make himself available to anyone else and you're right about the coach, he's been our tower of strength.

Next question, why is the chairman even speaking to the media? How many other club chairmen speak to the media regularly? This is the CEO's job in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.