What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Yes you all were/are. People were purporting that they know what was going on and who is to blame. Imposters.

They were crowing about a problem that they did not even know what the problem really was. Hysteria based in rumour and innuendo.

My position has not changed. You don't jump at shadows and don't go off half cocked because someone who knows someone who spoke to the tea lady said ..

We are being drip fed facts, lies and guesses. Way too much to digest and to have an informed opinion.

My post above was based on our reputation moving forward. To claw back credibility we might need some NRL appointed Board members. I'm happy with that.

As for the blame for what's happened, we first need to know what the problem actually is with the Foran matter. Is he coming or not and under what terms.

whether foran ends up playing for us and for how much is no longer the issue.

the FACT that we are 3 months on from when the signing was originally announced and we have a public club statement saying they don't agree with something ANNOUNCED 3 months ago is what is making this club look inept.

it's easy to make seward a scapegoat out of this, but ultimately he was an employee of the club for which the club is still responsible.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Yes you all were/are. People were purporting that they know what was going on and who is to blame. Imposters.

They were crowing about a problem that they did not even know what the problem really was. Hysteria based in rumour and innuendo.

My position has not changed. You don't jump at shadows and don't go off half cocked because someone who knows someone who spoke to the tea lady said ..

We are being drip fed facts, lies and guesses. Way too much to digest and to have an informed opinion.

My post above was based on our reputation moving forward. To claw back credibility we might need some NRL appointed Board members. I'm happy with that.

As for the blame for what's happened, we first need to know what the problem actually is with the Foran matter. Is he coming or not and under what terms.

From what I'm hearing he is still coming Gronk. Foran still gets his $4.8 mill deal, the clause with BA stays in, with a few modifications, and the $1 million payout clause if Foran leaves for whatever reason is gone.

All is good and we are now back to the original deal all parties agreed to (full-disclosure).

How the f**k the last minute $1 mill amendment got included is still to be told. Am looking forward to hearing all about it.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

the FACT that we are 3 months on from when the signing was originally announced and we have a public club statement saying they don't agree with something ANNOUNCED 3 months ago is what is making this club look inept.

it's easy to make seward a scapegoat out of this, but ultimately he was an employee of the club for which the club is still responsible.

This is the only area where almost everything went wrong down-the-line.

Seward is not a scapegoat, he really f**ked up as did BA. The team (not players) around them were let down.

Kornstar

Coach
Be careful what you wish for merkin. If you think about it, the NRL having control of our club is not a good outcome.

Depends, will we get the same leg up the Storm have gotten all these years??? I could cop favourable calls and guaranteed a premiership even after we systematically cheated the cap for 5 or 6 years!

Haynzy

First Grade
I love how James Hooper has an article on the Fox website.. 'How we broke the Kieren Foran story'. Since then the details and tone and accusations have changed that many times.

I'm with Lingard, someone sort this shit out because it is tearing the heart out of the club I love.
I'm so over the damn politics.

And in the process Jake Libertni, or whoever he is can just piss off.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I can tell you from first hand experience/knowledge that there has been and still is a co-ordinated agenda to conquer and restructure our club to suit their agenda which has nothing to do with our club being owned and controlled exclusively by members = community. Many have sold out to this agenda. Just think of how Telstra was being sold to citizens when all citizens already owned it 100%. This will give you a clue as to what is really going on. We are dealing with very clever dudes here. And a few on our board and in administration, etc, are aware of it, they sense things aren't right, and are doing something about it from their hearts (gut instincts, intuition, perception, etc). Steve Sharp is a good MAN with a very good heart who loves our club/community of Eels fans/members. If you love our club to stay as a real-living community of Eels fans and not to be hijacked then Steve Sharp is your/our MAN.

Bigfella

Coach
I can tell you from first hand experience/knowledge that there has been and still is a co-ordinated agenda to conquer and restructure our club to suit their agenda which has nothing to do with our club being owned and controlled exclusively by members = community. Many have sold out to this agenda. Just think of how Telstra was being sold to citizens when all citizens already owned it 100%. This will give you a clue as to what is really going on. We are dealing with very clever dudes here. And a few on our board and in administration, etc, are aware of it, they sense things aren't right, and are doing something about it from their hearts (gut instincts, intuition, perception, etc). Steve Sharp is a good MAN with a very good heart who loves our club/community of Eels fans/members. If you love our club to stay as a real-living community of Eels fans and not to be hijacked then Steve Sharp is your/our MAN.

You are a lying merkin.

What a load of crap that is.

Suitman

Post Whore

As CJ says, regardless of the outcome of this issue, we have again been proven to be an embarrassment and amateurishly run club.
Not sure about you Gronk, but how many years do we have to put up with this sort of ineptitude? It truly is not becoming of what surely should be a professionally run sporting powerhouse.

THAT is what pisses people off. :x

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore

Casper, please, don't embarrass yourself, if you haven't already.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No, the media blew it all right out of the water.

Firing Seward was the only right thing to do and the board and staff like DA were quickly on the ball to both address the removal of this insane clause and confront whoever else was responsible for this $1 million pay out clause being included and do whatever they deem appropriate with them. (I wonder how big a rap on the knuckles BA received from our board and DA, etc?)

It is all being handled correctly, quickly, efficiently and professionally. Trust the media and agenda driven wingers/naggers to blow everything else out of the water... :crazy::crazy:
:lol: What has the coach to do with this??? You are seriously off with the pixies.

Yeah it was all Sewards and coaches fault :roll: FMD it's all the media's fault.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: Don't do drugs kids.

IFR33K

Coach
As I've said previously, I was about to go follow another sport a couple of weeks ago. I was getting frustrated and angry about the continued dysfunction of this club. But, when I hear Parramatta referred to as a basket-case on national television ......... that's where I draw the line. That's my club they're talking about. The club I've followed since I was a little boy. The club my father and my brothers (all now deceased) followed. I can't abandon them now. I can certainly deplore the dysfunction that seems to be quite evident - but I don't know all the facts (as none of you do, either) so I can't go pointing fingers, etc. I'm going to ignore all the politics, all the rumours, all the conspiracy theories. I'm going to forget about who will be playing for us next year and who won't. I'm going to forget about salary-cap breaches and contract problems and who (supposedly) wants whose job. What I'm going to do is support the players on the field this weekend when we take on the might of St George. I expect we'll get flogged, but I don't care. I'm going to be cheering for every little thing the Parramatta players do right. Because this is the club my family followed - and now that they are no longer alive, I'm continuing the journey until I'm no longer alive. GO PARRA!

:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts