What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and General Drivel XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
There should be no panic about resigning Tim, make him an offer that sits with a good prop, one that should be taking the ball up second behind a better prop.

We should not pay too much for small props, hope we are sensible and are looking for bigger and better recruits

lingard

Coach
I missed the early part of the segment on Triple M but they were discussing the fact that Tim Mannah was trying to squeeze some extra dollars out of Parra by shopping himself around to other clubs.

Edit - At least that is what I got from the conversation...if anyone caught the whole thing than please correct me.

Okay. You probably should have put a comma after 'Triple M'. (And you spelt 'then' incorrectly.)

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Pou and pou
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: f**king multiple personality disorders. Hard to keep up with Poo switching from one Poo to the next Poo to the next Poo to the next Poo. Coming from the Army, MKULTA has done him a lot good. Well worth the entertainment though....... just saying...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Definitely, I'd be quite tall if I was Japanese, but at somewhere b/w 5'9 and 5'10 I'd be a shortarse Serb. I'm often embarrassed to go outside.

There's also the fact that sub-populations have generally been selected in one way or another, and have different characteristics to the wider population from which they are drawn. For instance immigrants are usually drawn from peasant stock, so they are on average shorter than the population (back home). As an example, I am from Sydney so I'm used to seeing Arabs as short. But the Arabs in Saudi Arabia and the UAE are generally quite tall (and pear shaped because manual labour, including exercise, is shameful for them.

Serbs in Serbia might be tall, but I knew plenty of Serbs growing up in Sydney (and a few in Sweden) and they weren't any taller than Anglos. People I think of as tall are Dutch, Germans and Scandinavians. They are all obviously taller than other ethnic groups. But even those groups have their midgets.

There's also the fact that sub-populations have generally been selected in one way or another, and have different characteristics to the wider population from which they are drawn. For instance immigrants are usually drawn from peasant stock, so they are on average shorter than the population (back home). As an example, I am from Sydney so I'm used to seeing Arabs as short. But the Arabs in Saudi Arabia and the UAE are generally quite tall (and pear shaped because manual labour, including exercise, is shameful for them.

Serbs in Serbia might be tall, but I knew plenty of Serbs growing up in Sydney (and a few in Sweden) and they weren't any taller than Anglos. People I think of as tall are Dutch, Germans and Scandinavians. They are all obviously taller than other ethnic groups. But even those groups have their midgets.

Yes, and recognising the selection bias is what got Jimmy the Greek in a lot of trouble in the US.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
There should be no panic about resigning Tim, make him an offer that sits with a good prop, one that should be taking the ball up second behind a better prop.

We should not pay too much for small props, hope we are sensible and are looking for bigger and better recruits

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts