What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Also agree with delboy, in fact any rational person would. The others would just call you a death rider.

I've heard SK has two more games to jag a win, or face the sack. Who knows????

Which would be fair enough in the end.

If we'd played the whole season the way we played the last 3 games it'd be fair enough. But if he's going to schedule only 2 trials, and then use the first games of the real season to try and teach players things....

Oh dear.

Somehow I'm of the odd belief that if we could just get 2 wins in a row, the players confidence would skyrocket (as would SKs) and things might just turn around in a hurry.

Hopefully it's a close game in the test, with Australia prevailing, and then SK can plot his revenge on TS the following week.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Looks like Manly are to lose Ballin, BStewart, Forin, Trex, Darcy Lussick.

Thats what the rumours are saying, so that means they are a realistic chance of keeping DCE, Kite, Lyon, wolfman & gstewart. Wow! they lose one for every one they keep....couldn't happen to a nicer club!!! :thumb

Parra Pride

Coach
Thats what the rumours are saying, so that means they are a realistic chance of keeping DCE, Kite, Lyon, wolfman & gstewart. Wow! they lose one for every one they keep....couldn't happen to a nicer club!!! :thumb

DCE already re-signed, so yes they are a realistic chance of keeping him.

#ReadTheNews

TheRam

Coach
Looks like Manly are to lose Ballin, BStewart, Forin, Trex, Darcy Lussick. If we can't get one of those forwards then clearly our 5 year plan has not been explained to these players.

Oh we'll probably get one of them Gronk, the problem though will be, the only shit one amongst them...Lussick...and for overs.

eels_fan

First Grade
SMH has a paragraph saying we are keen on Israel Folau if he wants out of AFL

if true, there goes the rest of the salary cap (and probably Hayne with it)

dont see him leaving a plum $1m a year contract though

TheRam

Coach
Slippery situation

THE Parramatta brand is taking a hammering, but I'm told there is a big sponsor waiting in the wings who wants the front of the jumper even though it is occupied by Pirtek. That sounds like great news for the struggling Eels - but it's not all great for coach Stephen Kearney. One of Kearney's strongest allies is Glenn Duncan, who runs Pirtek. Knowledge that there is a sponsor willing to tip in more than Pirtek loosens the tie that the Eels have to Kearney. It's hard to toss all the blame on Kearney for Parra's terrible start to the year. You can only rely on those who have worked with Kearney and to hear Craig Bellamy speak so highly about him makes it hard to believe he is not a capable coach. Getting rid of him would be an expensive exercise as it would be $500,000-plus to dump him, another $500,000 per year for a new coach and then the potential loss of Pirtek.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/dont-rule-out-roostersricky-reunion-20120421-1xdu8.html

I still say we should be going for Ricky Stuart while he is still available.​

MrT

Juniors
Slippery situation

THE Parramatta brand is taking a hammering, but I'm told there is a big sponsor waiting in the wings who wants the front of the jumper even though it is occupied by Pirtek. That sounds like great news for the struggling Eels - but it's not all great for coach Stephen Kearney. One of Kearney's strongest allies is Glenn Duncan, who runs Pirtek. Knowledge that there is a sponsor willing to tip in more than Pirtek loosens the tie that the Eels have to Kearney. It's hard to toss all the blame on Kearney for Parra's terrible start to the year. You can only rely on those who have worked with Kearney and to hear Craig Bellamy speak so highly about him makes it hard to believe he is not a capable coach. Getting rid of him would be an expensive exercise as it would be $500,000-plus to dump him, another $500,000 per year for a new coach and then the potential loss of Pirtek.

No need to get rid of Kearney and pay the $500k. Bellamy off contract end of 2013. If Parra are serious about becoming a powerhouse again, give Bellamy an offer he cannot refuse. Kearney would see out his contract and we get Bellamy, simple

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Slippery situation

Stuart??? Please, he's the biggest myth in RL. He left the Roosters and Sharks a mess. You only have to listen to the idiot open his mouth to realise he is clueless, who do you want as his assistant Daley????? :crazy:

TheRam

Coach
No need to get rid of Kearney and pay the $500k. Bellamy off contract end of 2013. If Parra are serious about becoming a powerhouse again, give Bellamy an offer he cannot refuse. Kearney would see out his contract and we get Bellamy, simple

Yeah as good an idea as that sounds, it has almost zero chance of happening.

Firstly the Storm would probably offer him the same as whatever we could and secondly I can't see him leaving Mel for any other team other then a glamour team such as the Roasters or Broncos and lets face it, we are far from a glamour team now a days.

Why would he come to a basket case like us for f**k sake, when there would be no shortage of decent offers from better and more stable clubs then ours? And no, money would not be one of them. Other clubs have more money then we do if he genuinely makes it known that he was looking at moving on.

Stuart is still our best and only realistic option.

But of cause if we do end up persisting with SK and then at the end of his term CB is on the market and SK is deemed a failure, we would have to be fools not to give it our best shot.

TheRam

Coach
Stuart??? Please, he's the biggest myth in RL. He left the Roosters and Sharks a mess. You only have to listen to the idiot open his mouth to realise he is clueless, who do you want as his assistant Daley????? :crazy:

Yeah I'm done with ppl who keep calling successful ppl myths, just like N. Cleal was labelled a myths so many times by ppl in the 'KNOW' around here and the guy is an out 'n out legend of a recruitment officer that is of the highest order.

Stuart may have his short comings but he is a better coach then anyone we have had here since Smith and I would go as far as to say I rate him better then Smith due to 1, he has won a premiership and 2, he garners loyalty amongst his player to a point that Smith could only dream about.

Last edited:

Juniors
Just ask Sharkies supporters and they will tell you all about Sticky....Look at how theyve improved under Flanagan..

TheRam

Coach
Just ask Sharkies supporters and they will tell you all about Sticky....Look at how theyve improved under Flanagan..

You are kidding right? The club was a basket case when he was there due to their financial problems and club board issues. From what I remember the team and he were very close. The issue is more with Irvine, it seems he doesn't get along with many people at all, including their current coach.

From what I remember players like Gallen and Bird loved the bloke.

How much more than Pirtek would this new sponsor bring? Enough to cover the $500k that we'd need to pay Kearney? (Over several years, of course).

If they are a stable and reliable company who we might have a future with then it might be worth it, especially if it comes without their CEO having to be on the Board...

Tony Bongo

Bench
Pirtek have a contract that's in their favour and they have chosen to honour it so I don't see our sponsorship changing hands anytime soon. If they want to get rid of Kearney the board can - Duncan doesn't have any votes anymore for a start so this blame shifting is all nonsense. 3P have always had the numbers to make the decisions that they were elected to make end of story.
As for loosening the ties that the board have to Kearney they have no chance. If he sinks they sink and if he swims they swim. To change coaches now would be an admission that they made two monumental errors. The first in sacking DA and the next in appointing Kearney.
I still hope that Kearney can turn things around, that our season is not lost, that we can keep our best juniours, attract more players and keep Nolan at the club. Surely the best scenario is not to start this all over again but to see improvement from here on in and the plans set in place coming to fruition. That's what I'm hoping for and that's why for now SK still gets my support.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah I'm done with ppl who keep calling successful ppl myths, just like N. Cleal was labelled a myths so many times by ppl in the 'KNOW' around here and the guy is an out 'n out legend of a recruitment officer that is of the highest order.

Stuart may have his short comings but he is a better coach then anyone we have had here since Smith and I would go as far as to say I rate him better then Smith due to 1, he has won a premiership and 2, he garners loyalty amongst his player to a point that Smith could only dream about.
Hagan won a premiership as well, lets have him as coach as well :crazy: Stuart left the Sharks a mess and skulked out early and blamed the board for his leaving. Nothing to do with the fact they were a mess and could barely win a game. Flanagan has done a great job cleaning up after him. The Roosters were also f**ked, we need someone who can build a club and a team not destroy it. Not sure if Kearney is that man but it's definately not Stuart.

Status
Not open for further replies.