What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a season of footy for the west city tigers who were based in tregear and sponsored by the bidwill clock. We were obliged to make an apearance there after each home game.

Ahhhh, the memories.....

Oh Jesus, yes The Clock. I was born in Llandilo and my grandparents lived there til they died....the combination of the St Marys munitions depot, the Castlereagh speedway, the chook shit farms and the main exit being via Mt Druitt made it a really attractive option as a young man.

caylo

Bench
at times our only attacking weapon

:lol::lol: Sad but true

Stuart also has a backrow fetish... so maybe we might have one or two.

In all honestly tough I hope forwards like OHanlan, J.Hoppa and Brien can come through the system with Stuart and grow. I know those three are still young and unproven at top grade but I would expect 1 or 2 of them to be a main stay in the starting line up in the next few years.

In all honestly tough I hope forwards like OHanlan, J.Hoppa and Brien can come through the system with Stuart and grow. I know those three are still young and unproven at top grade but I would expect 1 or 2 of them to be a main stay in the starting line up in the next few years.

apart from all the bleating about sticky being a 'halves killer' how did he go with blooding youngsters at the sharks and roosters were there a few kids who went on to bigger and better things under his coaching?

I actually reckon Masinamua will make 1st grade relatively quickly for a prop. Just his style of play makes me think he'll make the step up in a year or so. Great defender.

caylo

Bench
I actually reckon Masinamua will make 1st grade relatively quickly for a prop. Just his style of play makes me think he'll make the step up in a year or so. Great defender.

Peni and Pauli Pauli are other obvious one as well. There are a few good young players around who need some guidance from the likes of Matuia and Mannah.

Someone like Allgood worries me, he has gone backwards. A good toiler and quick for a prop but lacks any impact, he needs to add a few trick to his armour otherwise is at risk of being Cordoba the second. I jink or step may just add something to his game.

There is some talent coming though and I hope in the next few years we can be a force again because ATM we are the joke of the NRL.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kalepi is probably head and shoulders above any other junior coming through our system right now...he'll play a little first grade next year but i reckon he'll be a regular by 2014 onwards.

Kalepi is probably head and shoulders above any other junior coming through our system right now...he'll play a little first grade next year but i reckon he'll be a regular by 2014 onwards.

I don't know...his player profile says he want to become a 'youth paster' after footy. Sounds like trouble;-)

bartman

Immortal
Did I read an article today about Lussick, saying he wasn't quite a done deal? Strange, I thought we'd announced him - or maybe I'm confusing this thread with the official announcements :crazy:

Eels Dude

Coach
Did I read an article today about Lussick, saying he wasn't quite a done deal? Strange, I thought we'd announced him - or maybe I'm confusing this thread with the official announcements :crazy:

I thought the same, but then I realised the thread was an old one resurrected after like 6 weeks and the article was written before, and also posted before, we'd announced his signing.

jimmy77au

Juniors
Knights' move for Justin Poore in doubt

BRETT KEEBLE
26 Jul, 2012 04:00 AM
STEPHEN Kearney’s exit from the Eels could have an impact on Newcastle’s chances of signing former NSW front-rower Justin Poore.
Knights coach Wayne Bennett wants to bolster the club’s front-row stocks for next season, having allowed Evarn Tuimavave (Hull KR), Richie Fa’aoso (Melbourne this season, Manly next year) and Zeb Taia (Catalans Dragons) to find new clubs.
Off-contract NSW Cup representative prop Kyle O’Donnell has spoken to Penrith but has not yet agreed to terms.
The Knights and Raiders were linked to Poore last month, with a view to a pre-June 30 release, because the 27-year-old former Dragons prop was unhappy at the Eels under Kearney.
Now that Kearney has left, and Ricky Stuart is poised to take his place, Poore could decide to stay at Parramatta and try to re-establish himself under the NSW Origin coach.
But as reported in Rugby League Week magazine yesterday, Bennett has spoken to Poore in recent weeks about the prospect of a reunion in Newcastle next year.
Bennett coached the Helensburgh junior at the Dragons in 2009, when he played 21 games as a starting prop and represented NSW in all three games of their 2-1 Origin series loss. Poore left to join the Eels at the end of 2009 and missed the Dragons’ premiership win the following year.
Whether the Knights can afford to recruit Poore and stay under the salary cap is another matter the club’s number crunchers have to consider, given that they have already signed Beau Scott (Dragons) and are tipped to add Jeremy Smith (Sharks) to their roster. Poore missed most of last season due to a knee injury and has had limited opportunities at the Eels this year, starting just five of the 17 games he has played.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...ustin-poore-in-doubt/2635905.aspx?storypage=0

posted for the benefit of SDM.....

personally - I say lets keep him for far less money than we're paying him now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts