What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
Anyway, from what I can tell the deal is mostly just hitting snags. I hope it is true and it is done soon.

eels81236

Bench
There are two best shows on tv. The cricket in summer and the footy in winter. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch anything else. Maybe the golf.

boxhead

First Grade
Can we get the bat-signal on, can we switch it on?

Jodeci, we need you!

batsignal.png

spiderdan

Bench
Yet not one mention of the West Wing.

Or indeed the recently showing Newsroom.

Also have to say I am watching Community at the moment, Fantastically funny

Also I would disagree with Battlestar being the best SciFi ever made. (in the Genre because it was the best show the channel ever produced.), personally Firefly was the best SciFi show ever.
agree about community. very very wrong but still very funny. i think it's up there with arrested development. which i am hanging for the new season and movie to come out next year.

if you like that kind of humour and don't mind animated stuff i'd recommend archer.

i reckon it's the funniest show i've seen come out of the last five or so years.

Forty20

First Grade
Love the Community...there are so many awesome little things going on in each episode (like the Beetlejuice gag that ran across different seasons), it will be interesting to see how the new season shapes up seeing as Dan Harmon was fired by Sony.

As far as Western animation goes, I am a massive fan of Archer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
agree about community. very very wrong but still very funny. i think it's up there with arrested development. which i am hanging for the new season and movie to come out next year.

if you like that kind of humour and don't mind animated stuff i'd recommend archer.

i reckon it's the funniest show i've seen come out of the last five or so years.

Archer is f**king brilliant. Arrested Development has its moments but I found it a bit dull. If I'm going to watch a comedy I want to laugh with some frequency rather than being merely amused.

Maybe I just didn't get most of the jokes.

TheRam

Coach
Yet not one mention of the West Wing.

Or indeed the recently showing Newsroom.

Also have to say I am watching Community at the moment, Fantastically funny

Also I would disagree with Battlestar being the best SciFi ever made. (in the Genre because it was the best show the channel ever produced.), personally Firefly was the best SciFi show ever.

Even though I watched and loved the West Wing because it was well written, well performed and the characters are likable and engaging, it is a total political propaganda show that really doesn't hold up to well by todays standards.

As for Newsroom I haven't downloaded,,,errr I mean watched it yet, but intend to real soon.

I have been umming and arring about Community, but since you have recommended it MITS I'll give it a whirl.

As for Battlestar v Firefly...I can't agree, but hey that's the beauty of liberty, even people who are totally and completely wrong can express their misguided and laughable opinions.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
While we are on tv series - can anyone explain what the f$)k Lost was about ?

It took 5 or so years of my life and still have no bloody idea what the hell happened or what the story line iwas surposed to mean or represent !!

TheRam

Coach

I hope Community isn't like Arrested Development, because I'm with Poo's opinion on this one, not a bad show but not exactly a barrel of laughs either. Some of the irony and satire is really just dumb and and typical of Americans not really grasping ironic humour all to well.

As for Archer, fantastic show and well worth a downl...err watch.

TheRam

Coach
Archer is f**king brilliant. Arrested Development has its moments but I found it a bit dull. If I'm going to watch a comedy I want to laugh with some frequency rather than being merely amused.

Maybe I just didn't get most of the jokes.

Spot on.

No you got them Poo, they just aren't that funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.