What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRam

Coach
While we are on tv series - can anyone explain what the f$)k Lost was about ?

It took 5 or so years of my life and still have no bloody idea what the hell happened or what the story line iwas surposed to mean or represent !!

Even though I liked the show, it was a very lame ending and a cop-out. Spoiler alert.......

Ultimately all you need to know is, they were all dead.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I hope Community isn't like Arrested Development, because I'm with Poo's opinion on this one, not a bad show but not exactly a barrel of laughs either. Some of the irony and satire is really just dumb and and typical of Americans not really grasping ironic humour all to well.

One American show that does do British-style humour well is 30 Rock. It has its own typically American glitz, but (most of) the humour is very intelligent. There is no other show on tv like it.

It made me actually like Alec Baldwin, which can't be easy.

TheRam

Coach
One American show that does do British-style humour well is 30 Rock. It has its own typically American glitz, but (most of) the humour is very intelligent. There is no other show on tv like it.

It made me actually like Alec Baldwin, which can't be easy.

Again I agree, I can't say I have seen to much of it, but of what I have seen it made me laugh.

Someone

Bench
You're kidding me, you're an idiot. Obviously you are sight impaired or have on idea about rugby league.

In regards to the comment i made about Hayne, let me specify.

He was signed on for 4 years after his incredible 2009 run, and since then he has some good moments and hasn't returned to that consistency. Sure several factors haven't helped like idiot coaches and shit teammates. In 2012 he showed signs of the player he could be however poor overall team performance and injury again meant he had little impact on our season. And now your telling me because he is on a back ended deal he will receive even more money?

He was signed a fair sum of money based on his 09 form, he has been at times lazy and disinterested since then. Hence I BELIEVE he hasn't earn't the right to a higher wage.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Even though I liked the show, it was a very lame ending and a cop-out. Spoiler alert.......

Yeah I knew that, but was just expecting the time of the island to actually mean something . Yeah the series was good but definitely a crap ending - I was expecting a lot more

spiderdan

Bench

but they weren't dead (apart from in the lateral flashes in season 6). i thought it was a great show until they closed up shop with only about three of 100 big questions answered.

my hunch is that when some random dude crawled out from under a rock mid way through airing season 3 saying that the plot had followed almost identically a screenplay (121 eps) he wrote and submitted to a tv network in the late 70s, that the producers had to change the story and screwed it up so they didn't have their arses sued.

on arrested development, it seems to be a hit and miss with a lot of people. when it was first on tv it had plenty of humour based on current events. also plenty of ongoing gags, politically incorrect humour and jokes based on the actors previous jobs.

the other show i am very much into is burn notice. got a good mix of a few things.

gonna be a long off-season if we're talking about tv in here.

Last edited:

hybrideel

Bench
how would they take a dump if they had their arses sewed :-k

On another note, no-one keen on person of interest?

spiderdan

Bench
how would they take a dump if they had their arses sewed :-k

On another note, no-one keen on person of interest?
tried watching it but didn't like it. normally i am a fan of jj abrams work but on the tv front he seems to have dumped plenty of turds since his involvement in lost. revolution has already started to bore me. that chick that looks like she's gonna burst out laughing with her "worried" face really irks me.

peace out.

tried watching it but didn't like it. normally i am a fan of jj abrams work but on the tv front he seems to have dumped plenty of turds since his involvement in lost. revolution has already started to bore me. that chick that looks like she's gonna burst out laughing with her "worried" face really irks me.

peace out.

even before lost i gave up on alias the stuff with rambaldi just got unbelievable
the guy was supposed to be an inventor in the 1500s but he had better gadgets than james bond

p.s. can a nice mod move all this tv chat to a 'ot tv show' thread and keep the signings thread for general paranoia over izzy and whether he is coming or not

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Game of thrones and sons of anarchy are my two faves

Home and away was never the same after Shane and angel left

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I'm going to have to get into The Wire. Have never heard anyone dump on it. Another series I really enjoyed was The Shield. Brilliant show and one episode was never enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.