What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
Izzy aren't worth 1 million a season - that is stupid money for a centre / winger (he aren't a full
Back ar?e hole) . We should forget about him and move on , plenty of other centres in the game for 1/5 of the price which we could win a comp with.

Here is the question, which side would be stronger with the following signings:

Izzy?
James tamou and Greg bird?
T sims and b cregh?
Farrah and jayson bukuya?

Each option would cost the same ( I reckon we would have some change from the last three) and we would be a lot stronger side with the last three options then just izzy!!

If we have izzy, hoppa, sandow, hayne and reni on the books for 2014 I expect a lot of juniors to be coming through with maybe an experienced forward coming like Tamou or even a sims type who wouldn't command massive money but modest salary.

Its dickhead danny doing the reporting so the info is prob not even remotely correct. What I will say is Hayne should be the priority. he's the star in our team he makes it happen.

natheel

Coach
Its dickhead danny doing the reporting so the info is prob not even remotely correct. What I will say is Hayne should be the priority. he's the star in our team he makes it happen.

this is very true. he is the star in our team but we are still to see how Ricky uses him and whether or not Hayne responds to the new coaching staff like he does on a 3 game basis during origin. If he leaves and we get Izzy we still have Hoppa coming back who is a natural fullback (while not in haynes calibre) still young and has a lot of belief behind him from Stuart. I really can't see Jarryd leaving though

Tim Mannah
Joseph Paulo
Ricky Stuart
Israel Folau
William Hopoate

these are the main reason he will stay and i could expect he could even take a pay cut to stay in a team with these guys. But is Hayne all about the money? that's what we will find out when he signs a contract....i think he is humble enough to want to play with his mates than chase money and not be truly happy

strider

Post Whore
actually i don't think danny is usually far off the mark these days - his problem is just that he tends to be an annoying twat

i have no doubt hayne's manager will try and get as much blood from the stone as he can - that is what this story is about

IFR33K

Coach
1 million dollars??? Lol if true. The NRL should fail to register a contract, and let the money hungry moron look else where.

Of the two, hayne should be the priority. It won't be long before we are entitled to cap concessions for hayne.

I don't know how he, hoppa, sandow and izzy will work in one team. Too much cap unbalance, and possibly not enough money for other key positions.

Hayne (and any other high profile player) would be an idiot if he didn't see what else is on offer. Doesn't mean he won't take a slight home-club discount at the end of the day. I hope he stays, but everyone has a price, and Hayne's knees don't inspire me great confidence that he'll play a huge number of games per season (and then there's SofO season).

EelsFan05

Bench
The best way to resign star players, especially if you want them to take less, is to have a team that is winning. If we don't sign extra players to achieve that we risk losing Hayne.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
1 million dollars??? Lol if true. The NRL should fail to register a contract, and let the money hungry moron look else where.

Of the two, hayne should be the priority. It won't be long before we are entitled to cap concessions for hayne.

I don't know how he, hoppa, sandow and izzy will work in one team. Too much cap unbalance, and possibly not enough money for other key positions.
This x 1000, Hayne is twice the player that money hungry Merkin Folank is. Hayne has to be the number 1 priority, if we lose Hayne for this mercenary that will just about do me. I said when it first was broken this bloke would be asking waaaaaay to much for what he is worth.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

tend to agree with this

firstly Izzy hasn't played League for 2 years and is prolly worth about 400K at most but maybe worth more in a year or 2

secondly, I'd be happy to have Hayne's value tested on the open market as he has not produced his 2009 form and is struggling to even get into the Blue's SOO team

rubbish article

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hayne (and any other high profile player) would be an idiot if he didn't see what else is on offer. Doesn't mean he won't take a slight home-club discount at the end of the day. I hope he stays, but everyone has a price, and Hayne's knees don't inspire me great confidence that he'll play a huge number of games per season (and then there's SofO season).

This season was the first time he experienced any real long term injury in 7 years of nrl footy - his knees will be fine

spiderdan

Bench
Dunno how much truth there is to the story but based on what is "reported", izzy izzyn't worth $1m a year. His signature also I don't think should be a priority over retaining hayne, nor should he be a player that takes up so much cap space that we can't afford to upgrade players as they establish themselves or stop us signing a key player more valuable to our success.

On the current cap space he is worth $400k tops to me (not including third party money).

This season was the first time he experienced any real long term injury in 7 years of nrl footy - his knees will be fine

You may well be right (and I hope you are). Just pointing out that it's a risk factor that has to be considered when sinking 15% of your salary cap into a single player, and it's a risk factor that doesn't tend to decrease with years played.

IFR33K

Coach
This x 1000, Hayne is twice the player that money hungry Merkin Folank is. Hayne has to be the number 1 priority, if we lose Hayne for this mercenary that will just about do me. I said when it first was broken this bloke would be asking waaaaaay to much for what he is worth.

We don't see eye to eye often, but agree with you 100% bout izzy.

I would like to see the nrl introduce new penalties for players like izzy returning from a rival code. Maybe there contract fee take up twice the amount of cap.

If izzy were to sign with the eels for say 300k, actual amount of cap space will be around the 500-600k mark. That will limit there income, and considering all code crossers return to league, maybe it will give them something to think about before signing with AFL/union.

TheRam

Coach
If Izzy is worth $1m :crazy: then Hayne is worth $3m. That figure can't be for real...cause if it is the new CEO and coach are worse then the last couple of plonkers and we all know that takes some beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.