What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member

Stagger eel

Staff member
Too many people here seem to confuse humour for bitching imo, and then choose to humourlessly bitch about other people's bitching, wasting energy and increasing any bitch factor on here exponentially.... just an observation :D.

ironic...

Eels Dude

Coach
Stags with Sandow being heavily backloaded combined with Izzy, Hayne and Hoppa we will be shedding many players in 2014.

Interesting that. Even if we shed a bunch of players we're still going to have to replace them somehow in the squad. We can't just field a backline every week without forwards. On the plus side it puts a lot of players on notice to perform this year to earn contracts it they can say goodbye to an nrl career. Players like Lasalo, Horo, Roberts, Keating, Kelly are probably down to their last chance, while it may also be make or break for Allgood, Morgan, Loko and Nathan Smith. Tough decisions to be made as I'd expect us to retain less than half of those guys.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
'Hock' is prison slang for a man who indulges in 'convenience homosexuality' (i.e. when there are no women available).

Stick that on a banner.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Interesting that. Even if we shed a bunch of players we're still going to have to replace them somehow in the squad. We can't just field a backline every week without forwards. On the plus side it puts a lot of players on notice to perform this year to earn contracts it they can say goodbye to an nrl career. Players like Lasalo, Horo, Roberts, Keating, Kelly are probably down to their last chance, while it may also be make or break for Allgood, Morgan, Loko and Nathan Smith. Tough decisions to be made as I'd expect us to retain less than half of those guys.

Whichever of them are willing to re-sign as back up players, we may as well keep. Clubs have a fulltime squad of about 35 players these days, meaning in any week 18 of them won't be playing first grade. You don't want too much money tied up in that lot, so you can't expect them to be very high quality.

'Hock' is prison slang for a man who indulges in 'convenience homosexuality' (i.e. when there are no women available).

Stick that on a banner.

Would have to be a very big banner (or quite small print). Or maybe just put the page reference to Roger's Profanisaurus on the banner. Or maybe you could make it 2 banners (but the person holding the one that said "i.e. when there are no women available" would have to be a pretty imposing character)

Last edited:

eels81236

Bench
Would have to be a very big banner (or quite small print). Or maybe just put the page reference to Roger's Profanisaurus on the banner. Or maybe you could make it 2 banners (but the person holding the one that said "i.e. when there are no women available" would have to be a pretty imposing character)

How about split it in 3? Some poor bugger holds "indulges in convenient homosexuality".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts