What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfa

Juniors
Burton has to start at 5/8 next yr we need to choose between kenny and egan as starting hookers and make luai the utility that peachey used to be solution solved.Burton the perfect fit for cleary luai is too erratic hea good to come on and spark things when opposition packs get tired.

Burton has to start at 5/8 next yr we need to choose between kenny and egan as starting hookers and make luai the utility that peachey used to be solution solved.Burton the perfect fit for cleary luai is too erratic hea good to come on and spark things when opposition packs get tired.

Luai has been terrible off the bench. I don’t understand why people think that’s his best role.

and as I’ve mentioned, we won’t be able to keep him as a bench player. There’s plenty of clubs who’d kill to give him a chance.

franklin2323

Immortal
Is this sarcasm?

For the thread in general this article has us getting rid of RCG and getting Welch from Storm:

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...e44a1e57e2bda04f7f4?__twitter_impression=true

Yep. I just don't see what people have against moving guys from where they played junior footy.. That only give he is a 6 explanation. Most players have played in many positions to suit the side.

As for Welch. I'd take him but he is one you start offers nothing off the bench so you can shift JFH

We haven’t even seen Luai & Cleary play together in first grade yet as starters, they could gel really well. Don’t forget they played a whole season together in SG Ball, came second on the table too.

Luai deserves first crack for sure.

Im not even sure he deserves first crack, if Burton outperforms him in the pre season that’s the way you need to go. But it’s still crazy to make definitive judgements until we see more.

Luai & Cleary are uniquely placed because they’ve played together. it’s a pity they didn’t get the chance this year.

OldPanther

Coach
Im not even sure he deserves first crack, if Burton outperforms him in the pre season that’s the way you need to go. But it’s still crazy to make definitive judgements until we see more.

Luai & Cleary are uniquely placed because they’ve played together. it’s a pity they didn’t get the chance this year.

Well as it stands right now he deserves first go. That can obviously change for reasons. One could get injured even.

betcats

Referee
If Burton plays well for the rest of the season in nsw cup it will come down to the off-season, unfortunately for Luai he doesn’t get much of a chance to stake a claim this year. Like I’ve said I think Burton is going to be very hard to deny as long as he works hard.

I think Cartwright was a loss pre-outfield distractions. Could of been some player.

Never rated him. He’s got skills for sure, but he never had the heart for second row. Almost like a 5/8 trapped in a second rowers body. He was a bad defender even when people were raving about him.

BxTom

Bench
Yep. I just don't see what people have against moving guys from where they played junior footy.. That only give he is a 6 explanation. Most players have played in many positions to suit the side.

As for Welch. I'd take him but he is one you start offers nothing off the bench so you can shift JFH
Why would you play a talented inspirational player in his natural position? Let's move JFH to FB, or Edwards to Prop...

Panfa

Juniors
The best game luai played for penrith was against the warriors and that was when he ran the show from halfback.Luai is a halfback not a 5/8 he is better at 1st receiver we could fit all of them in the team this way burton 6 luai 7 cleary 9 although his dad wont move his son its probably the best option for both nathan and our club going forward.Imagine a spine of staines/laurie burton luai cleary plenty of points and attack out of those 4.

OldPanther

Coach
The best game luai played for penrith was against the warriors and that was when he ran the show from halfback.Luai is a halfback not a 5/8 he is better at 1st receiver we could fit all of them in the team this way burton 6 luai 7 cleary 9 although his dad wont move his son its probably the best option for both nathan and our club going forward.Imagine a spine of staines/laurie burton luai cleary plenty of points and attack out of those 4.

As you said it won't happen and I'm am the type who is massively against Cleary to 9 but would support it for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts